ok, so when it comes down to it all.

Probably everyone on this board has had someone tell them "what you really need to do is drop a V-8 in that thing".
What I really need to do is trade the Mustang for a 60's Shelby Cobra or maybe a Dodge Viper. But that ain't happened yet.
Doug

ive seen what happens to the fastest guy in town with no budget it ant pretty sure there the fastest but it ruins there life if not killing them.
and even then the drug dealers still claim to be faster as they beat him over the mile in a 1/4mile race.

if you want something in which you do all the work and can say i did that go the six
if you want something you just bolt in go the v8
but as most guys and girls on here whould say there's nothing quite as satisfying as having people say what v8 you got when your running a 6 you built.
the reason i love my ford 6's is there near indystructable untill i race them lol
and my road car which a stock xflow runs a 230@50 cam with everything else stock from carb to exhaust manifold it gets good milage has good power and is just as quick with a car load of people as it is empty.
when i tell v8 boys the cam i have they cant beleave i use it everyday and when they ride apart from idle its like a stocky untill the foot hits the metal.

Put it this way. Do you want to live in a big tract home or a hand built bungalow? You want to drop in and bolt up a 454 crate 8 or put something in there that is all yours, that you can tune and trim on your own?

You want it off the rack or off the hook?

I thought the real question was "Does this motor make my butt look big?"

ludwig":1mhfryw6 said:
Put it this way. Do you want to live in a big tract home or a hand built bungalow? You want to drop in and bolt up a 454 crate 8 or put something in there that is all yours, that you can tune and trim on your own?

You want it off the rack or off the hook?

off the hook for sure, but definitely within budget hahaha

oh, and another question.
i know alot of u guys are makin ur six's sound like eights with ur exhausts.
and i want true dual
suggestions?
and also maybe a couple suggestions for future parts for the six?
so i can kinda save up...towards things?

i already have the pointless ignition with the hot coil.
fun fun :)

go to classic inlines site and have a wish list.
things id prob go first are get a 32/36 or pref a 36/36 webber carb that will make ya fuel better and a bit more power.
a twin 2 1/4 system will be sufficent and big enough for any mods later on apart from extream.
then save up and buy a oz 2v or a CL 2v head that will stir things up i prob whouldent considerd doing any work to a 1v head anymore unless your wanting old school tripple stromy's

I think you will experience a failed expectation in thinking the I6 can be made to sound like a V8. I6=I6 sound. V8=V8 sound. V6=V6 sound,etc.

The six sounds really good with dual-outlet headers. The mufflers are up to you, but I like Magnaflow and Dynomax brands. Others might recommend Flowmasters or old-school glasspacks. It's really up to you, because they all sound great.

Back