All Six Power nation slant 6 build with EFI

This applies to all sixes
Hi Dave,

Thank you - I saw/watched that yesterday morning. I wonder what the total budget wound up being?

Regards,
Beau

This turbochaged project was very well done.
They took over a year to collect the right parts and they used the correct size turbocharger.
Molnar rods, forged steel crank, custom forged pistons, ported head and port EFI.

Great job Pat

All the same things are available for the 300 six.
I would have liked to have seen the turbo Ford 300 six they did with the same consideration.

Last edited:
400hp on 11 pounds of boost, I thought with all the forged parts they could push the boost up to 15 lbs and get more hp but all in all it was good with 500 of torque.

400hp on 11 pounds of boost, I thought with all the forged parts they could push the boost up to 15 lbs and get more hp but all in all it was good with 500 of torque.
The compression was relatively high for the 93 octane pump gas they were using and they didn’t want to damage the engine.
I would like to see a switch to E85 with 20 lbs of boost

Ive watched the video closely and IMO they reported 400bhp seems very high for that level of manifold pressure, they admitted that the head didnt flow that well, this would have held it back. Bear in mind the barra turbo is around this power level and around that manifold pressure. It has a lot more tech than a slant. I have watched quite a few of these guys work and feel the numbers they give are inflated, they never use an air filter or a silencer, rarely drive a water pump, the test are in seconds only. As to what they did to the engine, thats great, anybody could do it. IN my Ford I run up to about 15psi (100kpa) manifold pressure, the cylinder head on my engine is considerably better than the slant, I run lpg so I can run 9;1, but IMO I think Im getting about 200kw and 500n/m which is a way short of what they are telling us. I would say they are getting about the same from the slant. Some of the NA hemi sixes get that power level.

Last edited:
That is a really nicely built engine and it's very good looking too! I wonder how good that EFI system would do on Fuel Economy?

That is a really nicely built engine and it's very good looking too! I wonder how good that EFI system would do on Fuel Economy?
Im sure it can be tuned for economy. Ive got no experience in efi tuning but im sure with the right injectors its possible. They also mentioned the formula for figuring out injector size per hp and number of cylinder you got. They actually got a calculator in summit racing to figure out the injector size you need so you dont have to do all the math yourself.

With the hemi having a CHI head puts the comparison in the apples & Aardvarks realm.

With the bore spacing so similar to the Ford BB6, I've always thought a Hemi 6 high port would be a pretty easy program change to make.
There are people who have got near this with the factory iron head, CHI is not a high port head. Ports on opposite side to the ford. What is the difference in the bore spacing, guys have reportedly taken the hemis out to 4inch.

There are people who have got near this with the factory iron head, CHI is not a high port head. Ports on opposite side to the ford. What is the difference in the bore spacing, guys have reportedly taken the hemis out to 4inch.
Sorry, two different thoughts. At least.
The CHI head program was sold to George Rallis, who has long made a +14mm high port, and now has both options.
Bore spacing is 4.4" (I'd mistakenly had the 4.46 of the A/LA/G3 Hemi on the brain) so the cast head wouldn't be ideal. I'm not sure how much extra material is on the raw castings. When we took GM ZZ4 heads from raw to bolt-on, there was a lot.
The easier programming change, would be applicable more so to the billet versions available.
As for the "opposite" issue, bringing it up to the Northern Hemisphere will take care of that, right? Or, put it on backwards...
Clearly, a clean slate design could be superior, but development costs time and money.
80814074_3001862219847807_7357640725963472896_n.jpg

10422039_389790901183173_7705342888410007411_n.jpg

Didn't their turbo 300 have similar static compression? Was the short cam's effect on DCR a problem?

Boost is just resistance to airflow, and that head was pretty bad.

Back to the leaning tower of power. Those valve stems look huge for the size of the valve, I would think that some necked down pro-flow type of stem would be worth something. I think that the chambers look ok for boost, but I may be out of the current thinking of that.
Had a 225 in a 66 A100 that I loved.

Back