something possibly worth looking at...maybe not?

A

Anonymous

http://www.twminduction.com

bmw_2_tn.jpg

6-cyl_airbox.jpg

I've always felt the Porche/Lambo Muria/Faz 365BB/512BB set up is the ideal. The spacings are 94 mm. If you centre the carbs or TWM throttle bodies on a 20 degree angle, and have ports 5 and 2 missaligned just 200 thou, each port will line up within 671 thou.

fALCON16EFITWO.jpg

The set-up is good enough for the ultimate in performance!

The stock log is able to be cut to use the Datsun 240Z/260Z/280Z/280ZX exhast manifold, which is dual outlet and perfectly spaced at the ports.

The right cut at about 20 degrees from the horizontal for the carbs, it can then be set up with a steel plate and, presto, EFI.

Here are the photos Al and some others have taken on this. One guy here is doing a vertical plate version.

200intake4.jpg

200intake5.jpg

The Falcon Log I6 has the following intake port spacings, measured from the mid point of cylinders 3 and 4. (Called CL)

The spacings are:

1 and 6, 9.44" from the CL

2 and 4, 6.61" form the CL

3 and 5, 2.44" from CL

In a long section, Ford I6 Log

Back 6______5_________4_______CL_______3___________2______1Front

The triple Choke IDA 3C or TWM 3003 is just on equal to the port spacings at an average of 94mm. The Falcon averages 88.7mm, so if you centre on intake 5 and 2 with a minor 202 thou offset, then 6, 4, 3 and 1 will never be out more than 671 thou (17.05mm). The means the injection will get a more or less straight shot to the intake valve.

Yeah, expensive, but nice!

Back