Source ford 250-2v Aussie head parts.

dawnovsky

Hi,

I ve started to recond a 250-2v head.
I ll need to source valves set (valves, spring, seal, retainer etc) stock size ( 11/32 stem)
Where can i find those.

I m living in New caledonia so i'm mainly looking for providers in east coast australia.

regards

hi, i can get all the parts you require at trade price. i would use EVL black tip valves and crow springs and retainers etc. i recomend using larger inlet and exhaust valves for mild to nasty motors and std inlets and larger exhausts on std motors. the good thing about larger valves on both the inlet and exhaust is you can get the correct seat hight which then gives you the correct spring install hight. valves are about $10ea, crow moly retainers $100, crow springs $100 and good hard collets $20 all in aussie dollars. postage would be about $60-$70 au...
what cubes and size cam will you be running?
email me on mhbs@people.net.au if you have any questions..
Cheers

hi,

thanks for the answer I was about to think about going with the old valves as nobody answered...
Well, I intend to fit that head on my 66 mustang. It is going to works with a 200 all stock block. That s why i was looking for stock parts.
plus local french regulation in New caledonia is not really keen with custom engine built-up.
An another hand, the machinist that pressure test the head finds out it was in good condition but do not really feel confortable with drilling anything an he never works on ford 2V head. He is concern about opening a coolant waterway. I ll rather run stock than loosing a hard to find (here) head in good condition.
as the mustand is 45years old and have stock non power little 9inch drums brakes i'm not looking for performance. Swapping the head is just about building a fuel efficient good running daily driver. Stock US log head sucks due to loosy 1 barrel carb. Log design makes poor flow, hesitating engine, low fuel efficiency, hard to tune engine ...

swapping head also makes the car unique here and in europe where it will probably ends in a couple of years ...

thanks for advices ...

hi,

Is there really Nobody here with an idea of where to find those valves for the 250-2v. I havn't found anything "of the box" there s surely many company that will be happy to built it for a lot of money.
I havne't found any shop over the internet with those valves in stock.

any help will be appreciated.

regards

f.

I just had a head rebuilt by my local engine reconditioner. I had new valves fitted (standard size) among other things and they were pretty cheap
Ring them on 02 6765 7600 & speak to Darren. He will sort you out, otherwise xrglen can source them as mentioned

thanks redxm;
I ll try to ring those guys.
no news from XRglen. Dude, i' ve send you a mail, have you received it ?

Back