Sources for Argentine or Australian cylinder head

MaverickBrazil":1g8ewots said:
In Argentina they made those engines(221 six and Lima 4cyl) til the 90's. Mine is a 1992 taken from a Argentine F-100 pick up. So they continued develop and improve this engines until mid 90's when finally stopped production. Thoose latest six engines intended more fuel efficiency than performance, only 138Hp I guess

MaverickBrazil- what carb are you using for the ME head? I had several aluminum SP heads and am finally able to build the car after many years of saving. Do you have any tips or information on what the old racers used for their engines? Thanks.

cook11":3hdephbs said:
Is there anyone in North America that imports and sells the Argentine or Australian cylinder head, intake and header? Also can you still buy the Classic inlines aluminum head, intake and header?

Thanks!

Cook11 - New aluminum SP heads and intakes are still being produced in Argentina but it's very difficult to ship out of Arg. you're much better off buying a CI head.

sp_alloy_head":2si0c47i said:
MaverickBrazil":2si0c47i said:
In Argentina they made those engines(221 six and Lima 4cyl) til the 90's. Mine is a 1992 taken from a Argentine F-100 pick up. So they continued develop and improve this engines until mid 90's when finally stopped production. Thoose latest six engines intended more fuel efficiency than performance, only 138Hp I guess

MaverickBrazil- what carb are you using for the ME head? I had several aluminum SP heads and am finally able to build the car after many years of saving. Do you have any tips or information on what the old racers used for their engines? Thanks.

I was using a Solex 34/34 2bbl, similar to the Mustang and Pinto 4cyl carbs. It was very smooth and easy on gas mileage but not enough to the inline six, now I use a 2300 Holley 2bbl.

Ford six were never used here in Brazil for races, it was all about V8's, but in Argentina they did use them a lot. Don't know much about race engines.
found an argentine ford falcons old video, seems very powerful engines: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdUB-e2TSgQ

Thanks!
Pic R great vids even better!

Back