Spotting a 144, 170 and 200cui six?

Damn its hard to find a cheapish floor shifter for a 3 speed toploader. I figured it would be a hell of a lot easier just cutting a hole in the trans tunnel then to make the vauxhall column shifter work with the ford transmission.
But i dont want to pay a heap of money for something that will just sit there temporarily.

Now im thinking maybe i will put in a Saab engine instead, i have a B235R sitting with a 280hp/440nM ECU, and my friend has a rwd transmission for it.
Easy power, very compact engine perfect for the vauxy engine bay. Hmm.

pretty much what we do, or any 1 any where. Work with the very best available to us (locally). That's what it's all about.
I'd say the majority are NOT folks who do fab/mechanics/auto type work as daily income generating labor ~ but may B its closer to 50/50% in/out of the trades? Don't know.
Those of us (is hobbiest the correct wrd?) who R not wrking w/this stuff every day have to do alot more research to find "what will work w/what" so these forums R great. Guys like bubba, rbhom, Mike W. (RIP good buddy) and many many more here R a god send. Now this (national borders, continental divides) come up to create further difficulty. The time period in Q (early 60s - mid/late 70s) seems to be when the global market was just developing for autos (& bikes) so complicates /or/ for those in the know assists (webber, daghime & kent in fords, where's X when U need him?).
:banghead:

Back