Turbo Muffler Size

A

Anonymous

Well, I decided on going with Dynomax Turbo Mufflers (Two) coming out of my Clifford 6 into 2 headers.

I'll be using a 2" exhaust so I don't lose performance.

My question is what size muffler should I purchase? They have many different length's through their universal mufflers but I'm not sure which one would be best for me (I'm also going for the low rumble, not too loud muffler.).

Here's their muffler specification sheet:
http://www.dynomax.com/documents/super_turbo_specs.pdf

Can anyone help? I don't want to purchase one too long that won't fit well underneath or not at all.

The car's a 67 Mustang Convertible.

Plus if anyone has any pics of this setup, please send them my way!

Dual 2" exhaust is overkill on a street 200. You are going to have the exhaust cooling off an backing up in the system before it can even reach the tailipe... I would suggest having someone build you a Y-pipe or getting a dual in/single out or even a dual in/dual out muffler depending on if you just have to have dual pipes out the back. A single 2" system will support more than enough flow and still aid in exhaust scavenging at lower rpms.

Anyhow, if you look at a Dynomax catalog, they have two kinds of oval Super Turbos. That is, those they classify as "Sport" and those they classify as "Street". I ran a "Sport" version on my 250 (single in/out 2-1/4" muffler) and it was too loud for my taste. Rather quiet until you got on it, but at WOT, it could be heard a long ways. So, I would suggest opting for one(s) classified as a "Street" Super Turbo.

Back