Weber 32/36 DGV

A

Anonymous

OK I ran through all the past posts and off sites. As I am rebuilding my 32/36 Weber DGV I have a couple questions, because I can't find the answers. :unsure:: 1. Does the pump discharge blanking needle go all the way in or what adjustment? 2. What do the emulsion tubes actually do? I have a pair of F7 and a pair of F23 which is alot shorter. And 3. Is everyone satisfied with approximately 70,70 idler jets; 140,140 main jets and 180,180 air corrector jets.
The 200 has been ported and polished, larger valves, compression at 9.8 with flat top pistons, headers, a comp 252 cam, and a C-4 tranny (for reference).

Thanks in advance,
Gary

63Chero
Is everyone satisfied with approximately 70,70 idler jets; 140,140 main jets and 180,180 air corrector jets.
The 200 has been ported and polished, larger valves, compression at 9.8 with flat top pistons, headers, a comp 252 cam, and a C-4 tranny (for reference).

All you can do is try it and dyno it and check the fuel ratio, I was running a Holley 5200 (32/36) and my jets were 325 and 375 and was only running a 14 to 1 ratio! This was a Aussie 2V head, but I suspect you may be running lean with that setup, but the only way to really know is to dyno it!

I think the 5200 used the Holly jets measured in flow rate and the Weber 32/36 DGV used Weber jets that were measured by millimeters. The 5200 sizes were somewhere between 300-400 and the Webers were from an extremely small 040 to 220. I think the Weber 180 is close to your 375 Holly in actual sizes. That's if I read the Greek properly.

As I think more about it, the Weber is rated at 300-320 cfm and would expect the largest jet size to maximize performance in that consumption of air. It's in applications that cannot maximize that air flow that need smaller jets to keep from running too rich and choking out your engine. Maybe that's too logical.

Gary

Them being the same size but different mesurments sounds possible! As to running too rich, my dyno shop at the race track says 12 to 1 or 13 to 1 is not too rich for making horse power. I have to say at these ratio's I have not had any fouling plugs, or even black carbon building up on the plug! Anyway good luck, and remember to dyno your engine I can't say enough how important doing this is in fine tuning your engine to produce the expected HP.

HI 63 Chero,

Emulsion tubes alter the amount of air being mixed with the fuel in the main circuit. The air / fuel ratio can be changed by changing the main jet and / or the emulsion tube. The emulsion tube will work with a fairly broad range of mains. The jets in the carb you are rebuilding sound like a very good starting place for you car. Since the tubes and mains are usually slected by the manufacturer for a specific application, given the jet sizes in the carb I would use the tubes that were in the carb (I assume the second set you have did not come with the carb). For the record, the Weber 32/36 will flow substantially more air than the Holley 5200 (320cfm vs 270cfm). The 5200's recommended for the 200ci Ford are the 1970-1977 non-feedback units. Throat size is 26/27, not 32/36. Given the mods you have made I think you will be very happy with the 32/36.

Steve

Steve

Thanks for the emulsion tube answer.
You are also correct in assuming the first set was the originals. My setup is actually 50 on the idler jets, 140 on the mains, F7 on the emusion tubes and 160 on the air corrector jets. I am not sure what application this carb was set up for. The other numbers I took are from what others talked about previously.
Thought I would try to get closer to an appropriate setup cause I have to order a linkage part and couldn't meet their minimum. Also, thought it would be better on initial startup after rebuilding the whole engine.

The Weber 32/36 was suggested by a specialty carb rebuilder here in town. He's the fuel man for sprint racers to jet skis in this area. Will take the car in after I get it running for fine tuning but hate to bother him on the simple questions.

Gary

Back