All Small Six Weber 32/36 questions...

This relates to all small sixes

wakjob

Supporter 2020
Why are there two different kinds of spacers and gaskets for theses carbs, and what are the advantages/disadvantages of each?
One kind is a big open oval, and the other is the two hole design, one big (36) the other is small (32).

Thanks, Wak

From what I remember the 1 big oval has a fluid dynamics advantage. But i doubt it makes much of a difference on the street. Track maybe
that said I bought the kit from VI and it came with the single bore with screw cover. I'm pretty happy.
DrC

What to do when you can get the correct Idle Mix screw set right (1/2-2 turns out), but can't get the Idle Speed arm down enough to where the transfer slots aren't exposed and the port isn't showing any vacuum and the car stalls?

Bigger jets? Air correctors? (these really shouldn't be in the equation for proper idle)
More timing?
Wrong carb for the job?

1626038444829.jpegIMG_1728.JPG1626038444829.jpegIMG_1728.JPG

You see the webbing on the underside of the carb?...then with the gasket set on it right?...

Does this create any kind of air turbulence or disruption in flow or velocity going into the intake?

Thoughts?

notice that all of that is below the level of the underside of the gasket (screw holes, 2 boars & perimeter edge)? So, no, no such issue.
Now sometimes we hold the body ona piece of glass or other known strictly flat piece, place some emery paper below & rub to re-straighten or re-true a warped one. Gotta B careful not to take off so much what U R talkin bout duz not happen...

Gottcha chad...

I couldn't for the life of me get this genuine Weber to run on the idle circuit only, so I did the honorable thing and ripped it apart to inspect it. The only thing I could find wrong was the secondary throttle rod was a tiny bit "wiggly", and when not running would let a drop of gas seep out on occasion. Other than that it's in really nice & tight shape. Got a rebuild kit and just ordered the 'Throttle Shaft Bearing Kit' from Pegasus. Figured might as well upgrade it while I'm in there.

Taking it to work tomorrow to blow out all the passages (again), and lightly resurface the top & bottom on a machinist table with some fine grit and oil.

It already has the throttle plate synchro kit which helps also. If this doesn't work, I'm buying a 38/38 setup by Redline.

Has anyone tried or had any luck with the less expensive knock-off Webers?

I grabbed a 38/38 for $100 to have as a backup laying around.
Should I be concerned?

we reviewed the Chinese a yr or 2 ago (god, the past has all ways been a blur -but- as I age itsa smear now) when they started really comin out. Dont specifficaly remember that model. My concern is the rebuild kit fitment. Mike's seemed to wrk on some of them we saw w/members here (even tho new many of us rebuild as SOP as U want to 'rule out' that setting up ur motor).

Weber Carbs are made all over the world the really good ones though are made in the Weber Factory over in Spain.

Back