Wideband AFR Kit

I have not noticed any with usb. WHat I have noticed is medium size manufactures have updated to things like usb when they did the ROHS (lead free) change. Some of the smaller guys are now going to have to update so maybe they will also go to usb. Many of them sell an adapter that works with there system. Not all the adapters are the same. I have a Keyspan one that has its own software/drivers that seems to do a good job of simulating a serial port. I connect to all kinds of serial stuff and never had issues. I have heard of issues with some of the $30 ones that just use built in windows drivers.

Vann":35su526j said:
Check out this site http://www.bob2000.com/carb.htm about half way down he tells you how to use a chevy o2 senser and a volt meter. Its a pretty easy setup.

That is a narrow band. Like he says you have lean, good, and rich. And like he says for a carb you cant do much better than that anyway. When you want or need to know how rich or how lean you are is when you need a wideband and thats where I guess it gets complicated and you basically need a separate computer to interpret the data into something usefull.

fordconvert":2ys4ww32 said:
Vann":2ys4ww32 said:
Check out this site http://www.bob2000.com/carb.htm about half way down he tells you how to use a chevy o2 senser and a volt meter. Its a pretty easy setup.

That is a narrow band. Like he says you have lean, good, and rich. And like he says for a carb you cant do much better than that anyway. When you want or need to know how rich or how lean you are is when you need a wideband and thats where I guess it gets complicated and you basically need a separate computer to interpret the data into something usefull.

That's why I went with the lc-1. I have a gauge as well as data logging capabilities. I can't stare at a volt meter while i drive. (and text, drink coffee.... ;) ) :LOL:
I dropped about $250.00 for it.

I picked up an AEM from Ebay for around $200 + s/h. Very quick and easy to install, $25 to have the bung welded in, then a hot and a neg, and plug in the sensor. I mounted my gauge under the dash w/ my temp and volt gauges. Just a quick glance now and then while cruising and I was able to jet my 5200 easily. I don't plan on keeping it in forever, going to let my buddy use it tune his '65 fastback 302. I might keep it if I ever get headers or sell it for a few $$

I picked up an AEM from Ebay for around $200 + s/h. Very quick and easy to install, $25 to have the bung welded in, then a hot and a neg, and plug in the sensor. I mounted my gauge under the dash w/ my temp and volt gauges. Just a quick glance now and then while cruising and I was able to jet my 5200 easily. I don't plan on keeping it in forever, going to let my buddy use it tune his '65 fastback 302. I might keep it if I ever get headers or sell it for a few $$

Broncitis":3fzvz4gy said:
Ford Convert retrotekspeed.com, they can explain their product alot better than myself. I am not adept at FI.

I have read their website, I was just wondering about your setup and what you think of it so far.

Back