Would like to hear from others that have experience with the Holley Sniper 1100 TBI.

63 Sprint

1K+
VIP
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2023
Lots of you read the issues I’ve had with the Holley Sniper 2300 TBI setup on my truck. With two years of struggling, I gave up and went carburetor. The truck runs better than ever. And, no major issues to report. The 390 carb has been very reliable.

Some of you know that I’m getting ready to install a 240 engine in the truck. This engine will be kept mostly stock, at least for now. The engine will not be getting the Offenhauser C manifold & Holley 390 carb. The stock manifolds will stay on the engine. The reason is. This truck will be driven in sub zero temperatures possibly up to a couple months out of the year. To make things more interesting, I live at sea level, and, during the summer we are at 6,000 plus feet in elevation for two weeks during the summer. So, I need a carburetor that is able to tune easily, or a TBI system that will take care of it for me.

Forget about the 1987 to 1996 4.9 MPI. It will not happen. So, I’m thinking about the Weber 32/36, other interesting one barrel carburetors or a Holley Sniper 1100.

I know that if I go with carburetor, tuning will be involved during certain times of the year. If the Holley Sniper 1100 is proven to be reliable for 50,000 miles, I might consider trying it.

So, if any member here has reports about the Sniper 1100. Or if you know of someone that can share anything about the Sniper 1100, please post.

Yes, I’ve hit the age where I need to start working easier and reduce additional stress.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Back