stovebolt conversion

A

Anonymous

does anybody know if the stovebolt adapter is 1.5 or is it larger? will it work on my 200?

i dont know. are you talking about the adapter for the h/w 5200 carb? look in the tech section, i think theres a pretty good article there about it. im waiting for my clifford adapter to come in the mail.

you can call stovebolt i was looking at ordering one at one point and i decided a new holley 2300 is a better option for a few bucks more.

The round opening on the bottom side of my Stovebolt adapter is just a hair over 1.5", I'd say about 1 5/8".

No, I bought a 5200 with the adapter from a guy on this board but the height of using this adapter with the Ford OEM spacer (which is how I would have had to do it without modifying my throttle cable bracketry) prompted me to buy a Clifford adapter. It took over 3 months for Clifford to get it to me because they were out of stock (charged my credit card the day of the order however :unsure: ) and it was pretty expensive, but it was the only adapter I could find that situated the carb the right way for the linkage and kept it low enough to fit under the hood with an air cleaner on top.

whew, glad i ordered the clifford adapter. however if it took 2 months to get yours, that aint good. i ordered mine last week and they said they were waiting on gaskets and it would take 2 weeks. hmmmm.

I'm not sure which Clifford adapter you ordered (the small one for the earlier heads or the larger one for the later heads) but here's a visual comparison of the two I have (Clifford on the left, Stovebolt on the right).

I ordered the larger Clifford adapter, you can see it has a 1.75" hole.

adapters.jpg

hmmm. clifford didnt tell me they had more than one size! :devilish: they better send the big one.

Yes, there are definitely two different size Clifford adapters for the two different sizes of carb openings on the early and late heads. The small one for the Holley-Weber carb is part number 08-1651, the large one (shown above) is 08-1650.

Back