FSPP Alloy Valve Covers - updated 6-7

Hell ya Mike!
I'm going to PayPal your ass today! Send one down ASAP! I need it tomorrow! :D
Or as soon as you have one anyway! :cry:
Nice job!
Will

Mike,

They look great. If you want to verify the Edelbrock cover I think you have a picture of mine.

Mike

Hmmm, I was so satisfied with my smooth finish chrome... until now.
I know what will be on my Christmas list. Thanks Mike.

That is exactly what I was wanting.

I want to know a price and how soon your taking orders 8)

EDIT: BTW that first pic of the tan looking valve color looks like it was made using that steroscopic lithoraphy resin.

Yes! I've gotta be the first one to have it. Take my first born. What d'ya mean your getting the short end of the deal.
Alright! So like the second one to have it. Are you going to start a list?

Mike, i'll take mine in polished.

Hope you have the breather in the front of the cover & the pcv in the rear, with proper internal oil baffles to keep the oil out of the pcv area.

This is essential if you are using the yella-terra full roller rockers which sprays oil like a small block ford.

Put my name on the top of the list. William

Hope you have the breather in the front of the cover & the pcv in the rear,
with proper internal oil baffles to keep the oil out of the pcv area.

I had them set up with baffle capabilities in front and back,
so you can do it which ever way you choose. ;)

Ford%206%20VC%20005sm.jpg

Ford%206%20VC%20010sm.jpg
Ford%206%20VC%20011sm.jpg

I want to know a price and how soon your taking orders
I still don't have a firm price on the mold plates, so it's difficult to determine the price.
Plus it all depends on how many I think I can sell over the next year.
Hopefully I'll have a good idea by the time the mold plates are ready.
I'll also be able to give an estimated completion date at that time.
So hang in there, I'm working on it. ;)

Hope you cast up enough for the demand!
Me too. I may take pre-orders to help cash flow and to assist in
estimating the number of covers required for the first run.
But not until I have set a firm price.

A suggestion Mike, is there a way to add an image to your site to take personal info that provides a count of interested buyers?

Or, would it just be easier for us to send a PM showing our interest?

I’ll be on the list, Ric.

I would be willing to give you a deposite on two covers. Do you take paypal?

I really do want a couple of these at least!

I can polish mine up. Just depends on the cost difference and what the raw casting looks like to figure how much of my time would be needed, so I'm open to polished or unpolished. I just want a couple!

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I made a booboo. The pics above are not a sand casted cover. It is actually the master (some sort of poly resin), which is used for sand casting the covers. :oops: Guess I just got excited. :LOL:

This is what would be used if I was only making a small run. But when making runs of 50 or more units, mold plates are usually used because they produce a superior cast. The reason they don't use plates for short runs is the high cost of producing them, which would be prohibitive. Sand cast are also used when a manufacturer is trying to hold cost down, which I could have opted for, but I insisted on a high quality piece.

The only reason a master is needed, is so they can produce one or two sand casted covers (@ $200 each). The sand casted units are machined and will be used to verify the pattern is correct, before spending several thousands of dollars on the plates. Of course, this was an option too, but I chose to do so. Better to be safe than sorry.

Once I approve the casted units, the pattern will be sent to the plate manufacturer. I can then use the casted covers for experimenting with different finishes. One of them will be fully polished and photographed, so the pics can be published in Mustangs & Fords "New Product" section, thanks to Jim Smart. 8) Not sure what I'll do with the other one, but will probably have it Hypercoated in gold or powder coated in black.

Then, it has been suggested I put one of them up for auction on E-Bay, as it may become a collectors piece some day (first run - one of a kind). Personally, I doubt it, but one never knows. It will be engraved on the inside with the production date and number (#1) and the FSPP logo. The other one I will keep for upcoming shows this summer.

I'll set up something on the website for pre-orders, with the option for making a small deposit. The first run will be 100 pieces, but I may order more if there is enough demand, and if it will help lower the end price.

As soon as my cash flow recovers, I'll start work on a matching air cleaner top with ribs. Bases are readily availalble, for 1V, 2V and 4V if I keep it round, but I may choose an oval design? 8)

AzCoupe":oihynyfi said:
I'll start work on a matching air cleaner top with ribs. Bases are readily availalble,

I wouldn't waste your resources,
as there are plenty of air cleaner designs on the market already.

Linc's":1zlqh7yl said:
I wouldn't waste your resources, as there are plenty of air cleaner designs on the market already.

Try finding a 10 inch (required for clearance on the OZ/AR heads) round alloy cover with raised ribs. They may be out there, but I've never seen one. ;)

Mike, the oil baffles are ok for the guys with shaft oiling rocker arms.

However if using the yella-terra oil through design, you need to shield the oil sprayed from the pushrod edge & from the sides of the baffle. Leave only the side over the valve side of the baffle open.

Using the chrome valve cover, I moved the location of the pcv valve 3" above the valve cover using a tube into the valve cover grommet to a piece of 5/8 heater hose, then putting the pcv valve at the top end of this extension hose to keep the pcv out of direct oil spray. Without this change you could see oil on the bottom of the pcv valve. I credit Doug-mustang geezer to check for oil being sucked right into the pcv valve.

Just a thought if you want the best design. William

Back