Sold

Bobscoupe

Well I sold my Mustang.

I made the mistake of converting to a V*. I put a 351W along with the spindles and rear out of a 77 Versailles. I put Edlebrock Performer series manifold and cam along with a 600 CFM Edlebrock carb in her. It was powerful for sure. Stopped on a dime compared to the old 9" drums.

I took it to three shows this year and my car got very little attention compared to how much attention I got when she was a souped up six. On the plus side though I had about 15 grand invested and was offered 21 for it at the last show. I couldn't turn it down.

I've bought another 68 coupe with a 200 six. I still have the engine from the one I just sold but since I know so much more now, (thanks to this site) than I knew when I started the last one I'm planning a complete rebuild on the motor in the new car. I'm swapping my old engine in unitl the new one is ready.

I also have a 250 from a 72 Maverick with motor mounts. Which one should I build? It will be a daily driver but I want as much power as practical for a driver. I don't mind running premium pump gas. Don't want to inject water, no turbo or supercharger. I'll go with an 8" 3.00 rear with a 4 cyl T-5.

Thanks

If it was me, I'd go with the 250, mod the log for a 2bbl carb and keep the head relatively stock while you wait for the FSPP head. ;)

250 + FSPP head + FSPP manifold+ 390 or 600 holley(vacuum secondary) + header. SHould have enough power without going to extremes with compression. I don't have any number to back it up with but would imagine this combo to be simple, reliable and return reasonable fuel milage if you go with a mild cam. Problem is, it may be to much torque for a 4 cyl T5. Hmm. Similar combo on a 200???

8) 250 is what i am going to use in my 64 falcon. havent decided on a trans though yet.

I'd follow the old addage "No replacement for cubic displacement"

Since its gonna be a street motor with some pep the extra cubes will help on the street as will teh torque but tis not so much larger that it will eat you alive in gas.

IMHO main advantage to the 200 si its smaller and more economical but revs very well.

Back