Wideband AFR Kit

BIGREDRASA

1K+
VIP
How's this piece look to you electron chasers? :unsure:
http://shop.edoperformance.com/plx-airfuel-ratio-sensor-module-sensor-p-9152.html
PLX-SM-AFR.jpg

I'd buy this item, if it looks like it would work. 8) Cheaper than the JAW, & no assembly required?

I also don't think that is cheaper than JAW...

14point7.com":8sbp3bv2 said:
# $45 DIY Kit: Without Display
# $70 DIY Kit: With Display
# $80 Assembled: Without Display
# $115 Assembled: With Display

PLX Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Module w/ Sensor [PLX-SM-AFR] $185.25
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

The PLX SM-AFR Air/Fuel Controller accurately measures the precise air/fuel ratio (AFR) of any internal combustion engine. Up to 32 SM-AFR modules can be daisy chained together in the iMFD system. SM-AFR can also be used as a stand alone unit capable of interfacing with 3rd party hardware. All Sensor Modules are housed in high quality extruded aluminum designed to operate even in the most extreme conditions. In addition, all SM modules offer outstanding digital accuracy, response and resolution which far exceeds that of a standard gauge.

SM-AFR utilizes the latest digital PID and DSP technologies to maximize o2 sensor reaction time and accuracy without compromising overshoot, and slow settling response time. This technology is coupled with advanced self sensor calibration circuitry and sensor soft start to both prolong the life of your oxygen sensor as well as eliminating any user intervention for manual sensor calibration. PLX widebands may be used and installed in your vehicle permanently.

NO SENSOR CALIBRATION IS REQUIRED! SIMPLY PLUG AND PLAY.

Technical Article: PLX Critical Response Technology

ANALOG OUTPUTS:

Wideband 0-5V analog linear output

Narrowband 0-1V analog output Replace your stock narrowband sensor

INCLUDED ITEMS:

SM-AFR main unit

Bosch LSU 4.2 wideband sensor

O2 sensor harness 10ft

4ft power wire with 2.1mm connector

4ft Analog wires and connector with 4 terminals

1ft Serial Cable

Termination jumper

Quick start guide

Affordable and accurate; Wideband AFR Sensor Module designed to work with DM-5 or DM-100.

I use the Innovate LM-1 portable system on my Falcon. Its better then having gauge ruining the look of my interior IMO.

It doesn't come with the gauge according to the list of included items. The module is that orange box. "Wideband AFR Sensor Module designed to work with DM-5 or DM-100." DM must be the gauge.

I've seen some displays go for as little as $40 on up to $180.

I like your idea of using the rally pac.

I like the way it looks, I just bought an NGK Powerdex which is nothing but a black box with a digital readout and a wideband O2 sensor. If I where going to mount it permantly the one your looking at, looks alot nicer.

In that $200 range there are lots of choices.

Has anyone noticed that all the 'big' guys now have a simple 3 light thing now for $120-150? I have not looked close to see if they have outputs for anything else.

I went with the innovate LC-1. it was under 250.00 with a gauge. i'll have it hooked up next week. i'll let you know how good or bad it is... ;)

I have an LC-1 and apparently its dang sensitive to voltage. Im going to give it one more rewire before I chuck it. (see electrical section if you have ideas for me)

fordconvert":28arft8l said:
I have an LC-1 and apparently its dang sensitive to voltage. Im going to give it one more rewire before I chuck it. (see electrical section if you have ideas for me)

Chuck it over here if you are really that frustrated with it ;)

The LC-1 they call a 'lambda cable' its just a little inline computer that has a serial output (to a computer or some of their gauges) and 2 analog outputs that can be configed to what ever you want. There is no display included. It has no other logging functions. LC-1 is a great thing for EFI if you dont care about the gauge. With a gauge its in the same cost ballpark as others.

The LM-1 i think has a display built into the box along with the analog output for EFI. I think it may also have some other inputs for logging but I could be thinking of a different model.

My buddy used a preheating o2 and just has a circuit to fire it up-he reads the output voltage with a meter and constructed a chart of what voltages = what ratios. Seems to work pretty well and was pretty cheap. I don't know if there are any other components involved but I intend on finding out.

Back