Question.

81Mustang

I would need an aluminum head to make my car a 4 barrel right??? I have been looking and was wondering if there was a cheaper way to make it a 4 barrel then buying an aluminum head. Also if any one has that set up for sale please let me know.
Thanks,

FALCONAROUND":256us9q8 said:
Machining your log head and putting on an adapter is the only other way...

8) and not quite as simple as it sounds. you have to machine off the log, and build a new intake
manifold to replace it. if you want a 4bbl carb, buy the aluminum head, or find an aussie 250 2v head, or a argentine head.

i do remember seeing a few members who had cut off the log and fabbed a new intake so it is definatly doable. in my opinion with the stock head i would go as far as a direct mount 2 bbl since the machine work to go to a 4 bbl would would require a lot of custom work. I would go with the aluminum head as it was designed to make power.

You can get a OZ 250 2V head, then buy a 4Bbl intake from Mike if the Aluminum head is too pricey.

Same effect as a four bbl go two 2bbls direct mount. Several on this site have done it if you look at the right history. One was sold this year. It's a really nice looking set up.

Is it possbile to go with two 2 barrels?? Like tripower but with two 2 barrels. If so I would take two carb adapters??

A while ago I was talking to one of the guys from jegs about a carb adapter. They said if I find it any where else cheaper They would beat it. They had it for like $7.99 and I found one for $7.50 and they went to like $7.20 or sumting. I was like sweet. So I asked them to get me a shipping estimate and by the time I get it across the border they wanted $60.00!! I was like no thanks.... Now would it be cheaper for one of you guys to buy it then sell it to me?? Shippin should be cheaper shouldnt it?

Thats the way I would go if it is possible.
Thanks,
Alex

Where in the heck do you live?....
To do a direct twin two barrel you would have to seal the middle carb throat somehow and near perfectly measure equal down the log for both then mount them directly which would require milling and shaping with a plate adapter if you plan on progressive then no, but then you will still have to link the two throttles together to go at the same time since the carbs will have to be mounted perpendicular. You are looking at a pretty expensive project man and honestly the best option would be an oz head easily 1000 bucks and for the best performance aluminum will run ya over 1500 bucks easily compare that to the price and difficulty of a v8 swap and decide

Back