mallory distributor

8) mallory makes good products, with the noted exception of the early unilite ignition system. we used one fo their mini-mags on a fuel altered in the late 70's and never had a problem with it. i have also known other racers to use their magneto ignitions as well. i prefer the vertex mag over the mallory though, but i doubt that vertex makes a six cylinder distributor.

Guys:

Vertex does make magnetos for inline six cylinder engines. I've found them at various web sites being utilized on GMCs, 194/230/250/292 Chevys, and the 240/300 big Ford. The question is whether they make one for the small Ford six. I haven't been able to specifically find one for that application. Just an FYI: the pricing of the typical V8 Vertex mags from the little looking I did seems to run about $1200 so they are not cheap. Don't know if Mallory makes an appropriate small Ford six mini-mag or not.

Russ

8) you are right russ, i should have said i doubt they make one for the small ford six.

I run the mallory distributor and it works just fine, although its not my first choice, but it was the choice for clearance of my blower bracket, I got lucky and found one used for 169.00 on ebay, otherwise they are way over priced in my opinion. Alot cheaper routes to go.

Guys:

Ran across some interesting Mopar slant six stuff on Alkydigger's ebay store that included a Vertex mag for the 225. So there's another inline six that has a magneto available. You would sure think that the small Ford has had one available at some point in the past and that one would show up on ebay sooner or later.

Russ

Back