exhaust patch connector source

kukm66

Famous Member
I am missing about 18" of 2" exhaust pipe right now due to V8 to 6 cylinder swap.
I cannot find a source of flex exhaust pipe here locally presently.
Specifically, I need something to slip over both to connect them up until I make it to the muffler shop.
I need to break in the engine for 30 minutes and don't want the jerk 2 doors down calling the City as he has done before.

If a parts store does not stock it they should be able to order it. Every store carries some line of exhaust parts and every line seems to have that flex stuff. Every parts store I have ever been in has always had the flex stuff, sometimes not the size I need or enough to build a whole system but they usually have some. Are you replacing the whole system? If so could you cut that 18" off the tail pipe? Better yet go cut that 18" out of that guys car down the block and call the cops on him!

:) Hi kukm.Do you have an exhaust system shop near you?If so,they should be able to make a patch piece and install it in maybe 25 minutes.If that long.
Oh yeah,the last time that I priced flex pipe I should have taken the heart attack squad with me. :shockin: :shockin: :shockin:
Leo

I found an 18" section for $8 at Pep Boys but it is too large a diameter.
They don't stock 2 1/8 " which is what I need.
I will just go ahead and break in the engine and run it down the block to Midas to weld in a patch.
I just thought I could clamp on that section of flex but it is not worth the effort.

Back