Exhaust pipe size urgent

1967mustangman

I need to know what is the best exhaust i can have quickly because i found one on ebay but i can get the dual 2 1/4" cheaper than i can get the dual 2" with turbo mufflers please respond as quickly as you can thank you very much :unsure: :help:

Is it for a 170, 200, 250, or ? also a stock eng or what kind of Mods? If its a 250 I would go with at least the 2 1/4 inch if you have a 200 than either one would work.

bone stock and looking for duel, personally I would like the 1.75" but on my bone stock I was runnign 2.5 single all the way back, nice deep sound. the bigger dia the lower the note, the smaller the higher and more back presure. the bigger is not always better, but it still sounds better :D

it depends what you want your car to sound like, the 2.25" will give a slight lower note than the 2", but then it also comes down to mufflers on each system.

GL!

Either is probably overkill for the 200. However, I have wondered if it the performance difference is all that much if you are running headers anyway. You might find more muffler selection with the larger tube size or at least not have to use as large of a transition adapter.
Doug

Back