Tri-Power Jetting

kevinl1058

Well there is always going to be a trade off. Stepped up my main carb jet from 185 to a 200. I have some 190's but thought go big then bring down is needed. I'm sure my overall jetting is an air corrector issue but jets are what I have on hand. According to my air fuel ratio # at WOT pulling 11.2-.7 numbers with old and new adjustment. What I was experiencing at around 2500 rpm slightly right before the outer carbs kicked in at cruise I was around 14.6 and a little under powered. Now with a fatter main jet in my primary carb it idle's at 13.1 and I can really push the car off the primary card with and AF# at 12.7.. Cruise for my motor will be around 12.9-13.5. The engine just needs more, I know its running fat but pulls much better with this current jetting set up.

I found with my tri power with weber carbs I have been able to get close but not perfect. I run between 12.5 and 13.5 across the board, the Idle runs rich and WOT is between 13 to 13.5 , cruise around 13 at lower speed and 13.5 at higher speed on the center carb. I have a pill bottle with various Idle and main jets and have changed up and down and ca'nt seem to find a perfect tune. I do know the air temp really changes the AFR numbers. I need to up the jets in the winter months if i pull it out of the garage as the cruise and WOT go real lean.

I found with my tri power with weber carbs I have been able to get close but not perfect. I run between 12.5 and 13.5 across the board, the Idle runs rich and WOT is between 13 to 13.5 , cruise around 13 at lower speed and 13.5 at higher speed on the center carb. I have a pill bottle with various Idle and main jets and have changed up and down and ca'nt seem to find a perfect tune. I do know the air temp really changes the AFR numbers. I need to up the jets in the winter months if i pull it out of the garage as the cruise and WOT go real lean.

I think I’m just about there with my three webers. I’m now running a 175 main on the center ICH and 185 main on the outer two ICT carbs.

I changed the idle jet on the center carb from a 152 to a 160 and on the outer two carbs from a 150 to a 155 (might go one larger)

The air fuel mixture at idle is right around 13.5, at cruise around 14 to 14.5, and wide open is right at 12

Like yours mine likes to run on the rich side and especially when I first start it up cold. It can be 90 degrees out and it won’t start and keep running unless I choke it pretty good. Once it warms up its fine.

I think I may have a timing issue that may change these numbers but I will address that in another post to stay on subject.

Gene

Back