Vaporizer !!!

hutchstang

I work at Classic Mustangs Houston and I'm cleaning out there back shop an I was wondering what the differences are in the original 1100 and the Vaporizer.... I told the guys that we should take all the carbs and send them to Classic Inlines... So get ready for a lot of Carbs and rocker assemblies Classic Inlines. :thanks: :thanks:

The Vaporizer was a rebuilt/modified version of the 1100 produced by Pony Carburetors (which is no longer in business due to the unfortunate passing of the owner).

They are supposed to be terrific single barrel carbs for the inline six (don't recall the particulars, but I believe they added some holes in the venturi that allowed the fuel to vaporize better- helping distribution to the cylinders).

:rolflmao: Another gimmick , the mixture distribution problem on the Falcon 6's is in the integral LOG design , NOT the Carb , but many bought into the annular booster being so much better , it wasn't

The annular discharge nozzles provide better fuel atomization on a large carb on a small engine.
On a large engine with plenty of flow that advantage is diminished.
The annular nozzles on Gene Fiore's 4412 Holley picked him up 2-3 tenths.
All depends on the engines air flow & manifold configuration.
Any dyno tests from Pony Carburetors are bogus.
They richened up a Holley to make the HP #'s look bad on purpose. This was done to make there carbs put out better numbers.
John was either liked or disliked. Bipolar is the best description.
His work toward the end was not the best.

I'm glad I found this forum (and wish I'd gotten here earlier- would have made some better decisions along the way)... Everything I've read elsewhere about the Vaporizer made it sound like the holy grail of single barrel carburetors!

In a good way, FSD and WSA are like the two old gents on the muppets (I figure if I ever see something you both actually like, it MUST be a winner :) ).

I see no purpose in running down Jon Enyeart at this point. The man is dead and we should be able to show some respect. The man was in business to make money...yes, but he made a business out of something he enjoyed (his passion...we should all be so lucky). He was not always right, but I believe he was capable of admitting when he was wrong (we should all be so wise).

The fact is he did a lot to sustain the Ford carburetor restoration segment of the hobby.

I was always taught if you can't say something nice about a person...just as well say nothing at all. Some folks mistake a lack of tact for character, and biting one's tongue as a sign of weakness.
God help me I should ever feel so un-self assured I feel the need to posture and pontificate on a bloody internet forum.

Frankenstang":3cyxh9lt said:
I see no purpose in running down Jon Enyeart at this point.

Amen, sistah!! He was very helpful to me when I called. Talked to me personally and solved my problem. His workers were loyal and enthusiastic. Quote (for reals) from one of his helpline techs: "Are you kidding??? This is the best job in the world! Getting paid to talk about Ford engines all day?"

But I digress.

Vaporizor. Want, want, want, want. 1100 with automatic trans and hot air choke pull off for the smaller log head (1966).

That was an awesome analogy! They were one of the funniest bits of that show. I miss Henderson.

65fback":3ap0lssn said:
That was an awesome analogy! They were one of the funniest bits of that show. I miss Henderson.
627.jpg

very important Ford Six Info....
Thats Waldorf and Statler. Statler is the longer-faced one which used to be voiced by Richard Hunt. Waldorf is the rounder-faced one, originally voiced by Jim Henson.

An easy way to tell them apart is that Waldorf's wife, Astoria, is the Statler puppet in drag
from http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_was_the_ ... he_muppets

infused with grace, we can now get back to your regular program

I said nothing that wasn't true , perhaps I should just leave here , its no loss to me in terms of an income, only trying to save others the pains of spending money on something that was of NO Benefit , So fine believe all the Hype, but as a Note My low 14 second LOG headed Motor Had NONE of the trick parts that Ive discussed , sorry sometimes Bad is Bad , no mater the original intentions

Hmm. Maybe I don't want a Vaporizer after all. But then, it looks like it won't really be a problem one way or the other. Not gonna happen.

If you can but one for a reasonable price ( under 200 ) they work as well as a stock carb , just no better oh and they look nice , Just not worth 400+

I could probably dip the one I have in white vinegar and spray it with clear for a good car show finish. Thanks for the info.

Nobody answered my question..... Cone on guys haha... What is the difference between a stock and a vaporizer so I can distinguish them

The Vaporizer has an annular discharge style booster , look in a 2100 2brl or 4100 4brl Autolite carb same boosters ( thing in center of carb throat) it atomizes the fuel a bit better , BUT also cuts down the CFM , again it didn't solve the distribution problem , that was a intake design deal

hutchstang":35gzfnk6 said:
Nobody answered my question..... Cone on guys haha... What is the difference between a stock and a vaporizer so I can distinguish them

Yeah, FSD did answer the original question.

FalconSedanDelivery":35gzfnk6 said:
:rolflmao: Another gimmick , the mixture distribution problem on the Falcon 6's is in the integral LOG design , NOT the Carb , but many bought into the annular booster being so much better , it wasn't

That's it, just the Annular discharge.

FSD may be a little bit full on with the details, but he answered your question. At least you didn't get beaten up with a Falcon Six historical discourse like woulda happend if I answered it.

I'm a little like the Mad Scientist, FSD is probably more like Animal. Were all Muppets here.

As for seeing the annular discharge booster, well its kinda hard, but open the throttle and look up with a torch, and you'll see a brace of anualr holes in the halo of the booster body. The downleg booster for the stock 1100 has none. That should help you out.

Back