Stainless Headers

Yeah I saw those earlier today as well. There's tons of listings for what all appear to be the same stainless headers, prices from $191-212 all w/free shipping. To bad they don't show any pictures with them mounted, would like to see how they fit around the starter and bell on a 250.

I have the CI stainless headers on a 250. They fit extremely well on my '62 Ranchero, and the swivel joints on the head-to-collector pipe unions made it much easier to install them. They sound great with my Flowmaster Series 10 mufflers, especially at WOT! The only thing I did not expect is that a "patina" burned into the head pipes after a short time; not bad looking but they don't exactly look like stainless steel.

Thanks
Bob the Builder

Still know one who has purchased a set of the DNA headers ? I e-mailed asking for contact info on anyone who had purchased their header set, seems they have sold enough to where they would have some feed back. They look good in the picture,

What i am thinking is on Aussie Falcons my exhaust mate pointed out that they and Classics ones will foul the steering box (right hand drive) so i will have to do with a Pacemaker set or keep what i have, which have been modified to within an inch of there life.

Yep I think that's correct, I was going to order a set of the CI headers but the steering box on my XM Falcon (RHD) will interfere. I'm running a set of pacemaker PH4425 that have dual 1 7/8" outlets, I reckon I will cut these off at the collectors to run either 2" or 2 1/4" header pipes into the dual exhaust.

On the early Aussie Falcon's, the clutch and gear shift linkages may also cause clearance problems with the CI style headers

Yeah mate i have heavily modified Hi Tech headers, we cut the outlet off and went 2.25” up to the merge and a 2.5” collector, how do you find the pacemakers for performance and fitment? I am racing my old girl on the weekend, a two day event, have a new custom spiral muffler we desgined to go on.

At the moment the pacemakers are still fitted to a 170, I haven't finished my 221 build yet. Found them to be a big increase in performance but that's to be expected going from the standard manifold.

I would like to get a hold of a set of Pacemaker PH4440 for my 221, they are to suit later Falcons and have much longer, tuned length primary tubes. The PH4425 primary lengths are very short and no where near a consistent length. The only problem that I can see is that the PH4440's will interfere with the steering drag link, I'm removing the clutch linkage and shifter linkages so that shouldn't be a problem. I don't think that I will be able to make it work unfortunately which is why I will probably just try modifying what I have got for now

If anyone has made the PH4440's work on an early Falcon I would love to hear about it!

I just noticed in your signature that your running an aeroflow muffler, how do you find the sound? Im planning on running two with my 221 but haven't heard them in person yet. How is the cabin noise with it dumped at the diff?

Not overly impressed with the Hooker Aeroflow, it sounds like ok, on the street i can ring 75kph out of second gear, moving the system over and running straight out the collector i get 95kph in second, big difference, the spiral muffler goes on today, then we will see if it needs a 2.5” pipe

I just got mine. Purchased them from ebay for $190.99 with free shipping. At that price, I figured I couldn’t go wrong. The pics look just like the classic inline headers and they are asking double. So I figured it was a new company getting the headers from the same place and in order to establish themselves, they are selling them at a remarkably low price and after a few months, they will start to go up.

With this theory in mind, I purchase a set even though I am not ready to put them on just yet. My clutch is slipping so badly that it can’t handle the whopping 70hp I have now, so I have vowed not to touch the engine until I have the T5 and 8” rear in the car. That should be happening over the Thanksgiving holiday. My brother will be visiting to help instal the 3.55 gears, and then the big swap out baby!

Once my drivetrain is functional, my little “65 200ci is getting an early 80’s head with the Carter RBS, mild cam, HEI ignition, and these headers with a nice new exhaust system attached!!!! Ohhhhhhh am I excited!!!!!!????????? You’d better believe it! I’ve been collecting parts for over a year now, and it all keeps getting closer and closer.

But back to the headers– the best I can tell you is, they look great and look like they will work fine. These are the ones I purchased: http://www.ebay.com/itm/181504486004?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

Boedy

That motor and exhaust is a credit to you, how did you find the fitment. Without talking to anyone with a right hand drive car i am unsure if any USA headers will clear my steering box, now i don’t have an early XK-XP, i have a 67 XR so factory 289 windsor was an option, any small block will go in, mate had a stroker clevo with pacemaker 2” pipes so they are wide in the bay, i need someone to measure from a reference point on the engine to the most extreme pipe edge to see whether a stainless set will fit.

I have found that its often best to stay with headers made within your country of origin. Case in point, Aussiespeed tried to make headers in the US market for the Chrysler guys a while back for the early A body cars. Even with having several sets that fit sent to him he failed to make a set that would fit the LHD cars they were meant to. He didn't have an actual LHD car over there to test fit them on. As I suspect, no company in the US will have a RHD car to test fit their headers on either. So to avoid any crossover problems between LHD and RHD cars, these types of parts are best left to the people in the countries that have them.

Back