DUI Mini VIP

George66Falcon

Hey there, folks! I've had no trouble finding a plethora of reviews and opinions regarding the DUI distributor, but I've found very little regarding the mini VIP. Have any of you used the item? Thoughts or reviews?

Geez, for $240 surely you could find or make your own 14-to-18 volt transformer?

Sounds like a good attempt to separate your money from your wallet.

So has anyone got any hard concrete evidence of this unit working. If I could, I'd rid myself of al my ignition and run a Magneto lol

'back to school' for Chad - is the extra 4 volts needed? a big advantage?

Well, they describe it's functional benefit as allowing for better spark and wider plug gap. Is that truly a significant benefit for the cost, though? I'd have to defer to those with more knowledge than I, which is the whole point of this thread ;)

chad":1bsq7fq4 said:
'back to school' for Chad - is the extra 4 volts needed? a big advantage?

remember that the coil increases voltage as any transformer does, put more in you get more out based on the number of windings in the secondary section of the coil. so if 12v is stepped up to 50,000v, then 16v would be stepped up to something like 65,000v or so. so yes the extra 4v is an advantage. but is it needed? that is the real question, and the answer depends on what you are doing with the vehicle. for the street or for a street/strip vehicle, i say no it isnt needed. but if you are in competition only, then yes you should step up to the hotter spark. just remember that you decrease reliability when you step up the voltage.

Thank you,

And for a vehicle oriented toward low rev tq (like the Bronk w/the 250)?
Track/strip seems HP oriented?...

for low to mid range torque, you basically just need a decent system. no need to any add ons that increase voltage to the system.

Ditto,
Thanks!
...track 'n strip application then?

Back