Big bore (1.75) throttle bore spaacer

ricben57

I am absolutely sure this is not a New Topic. I did try the search but didn't see or find an answer. I am in need of a 1.75 throttle bore spacer for a 250. I haven't found one (or not looked in right place) in all the normal places. The only ones I'm finding are the small bore spacer. Key phrase was 'for a 250.' as the mounting dimension is larger than for the small bore.
If anyone can tell me where to get one, please help.

Rick in CA

Not quite clear on your need.

I got a D3DE head - the bolts are further (3 & 5/16th or so) I think. Might be a "large log" therefore different than yours?
You wanna shrink the bolt distance?

No, I'd like to find a spacer with the 3 11/16" spacing for mounting to yes, a large log head. I actually need one that has the 1.5" throttle bore so I can (without feeling bad about it) take the 1.75/3 11/16 spacer with a carb for trade with mine.
Phooey, I'm confused and I wrote it. Need a spacer with the 3 11/16 spacing and a 1.5" throttle bore.

ricben57":2eiqb533 said:
No, I'd like to find a spacer with the 3 11/16" spacing for mounting to yes, a large log head. I actually need one that has the 1.5" throttle bore so I can (without feeling bad about it) take the 1.75/3 11/16 spacer with a carb for trade with mine.
Phooey, I'm confused and I wrote it. Need a spacer with the 3 11/16 spacing and a 1.5" throttle bore.
How thick do you need it to be?

"...Phooey, I'm confused…"
That's alright, we help each other along.

Example:
Attempting to address your question I went out and measured my new-shipped-from-1500-mi-away-directly-to-machinest-head. I bought it from a yrd in FLA stating I needed a '79 Granada. That was confirmed paid/shipped. I just got it back frm local machinest & it's a (see above #s) small log head. Been machined, painted, valves, sprigs, etc installed. Double expense for something I don't want. Pleasures of rebuilding/mods & I got very sm budget….humm ...

yeah, bit of a sneaky 1,
in a quandary due to income.
New motor, wrong head & carb.
We'll C…
Tanks (w/o guns) 4 da sentiment.

aribert made his own. Your issue is that Ford decided in its wisdom to have two sizes of carburettor, and then decided to have two diagonal bolt patterns, unique in that not many carbs bolt on directly. But each time, they bolted on a stock kind of upper adaptor to suit the carb.

In practice, you just need to make an aribert style lower adaptor plate.

/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=72607
xctasy":1eznqbh4 said:
One other member posted this. Its for an early Autolite 1100/Holley 1940 to later big log head with the bigger 2 5/8" stud pattern.

The idea for you is the get the stock early bolt spacing and the later Carter YFA or later Holley 1946 bolt pattern to gell together with as little height as you can...keep the carb orientation, so driling up a simple and thin lower adaptor will allow you to eliminate this intermediate item below.

smallsix1908to1946lateheadCarbspacerboltedtoadapter.jpg

smallsix1908to1946lateheadAdapterplate.jpg

The universal F100/F150 large bolt pattern change was facilitated by Ford with a nasty adaptor, they stayed with the concept to the bitter end, like on this 1981 Capri 3.3.

That resulted in extra height.

1981200exhaust01_original.jpg

chad":qhftxisx said:
"...Phooey, I'm confused…"
That's alright, we help each other along.

Example:
Attempting to address your question I went out and measured my new-shipped-from-1500-mi-away-directly-to-machinest-head. I bought it from a yrd in FLA stating I needed a '79 Granada. That was confirmed paid/shipped. I just got it back frm local machinest & it's a (see above #s) small log head. Been machined, painted, valves, sprigs, etc installed. Double expense for something I don't want. Pleasures of rebuilding/mods & I got very sm budget….humm ...

:unsure: So did you see about if they would refund some of your money for not delivering the head you asked for, of corse it's possible they don't really know how to tell the difference either. Good luck :nod:

ricben57":3f9k4p5f said:
I am absolutely sure this is not a New Topic. I did try the search but didn't see or find an answer. I am in need of a 1.75 throttle bore spacer for a 250. I haven't found one (or not looked in right place) in all the normal places. The only ones I'm finding are the small bore spacer. Key phrase was 'for a 250.' as the mounting dimension is larger than for the small bore.
If anyone can tell me where to get one, please help.

Rick in CA

Part of the issue is that Inline Ford sixes are quite complicated. Ford do things based on cost restraints, and it doesn't hurt them to make some thing a little more complicated if it saves them inventory costs later one. Henry Ford amortized by doing things as best he could, and selling off stuff that he didn't need to others. Its probably rude to say the Falcon had second hand 240/300 F100/f150 cast off carbs, but it certainly did.

The 1946 is a cast off Chrysler slant six carb. All of them have adaptors to fit to the log head stud pattern. Long Live Fords Funny In-line Sixes!

I make Ford gasoline and propane spacers, carb adaptors and whole induction packages for myself on my engines. Have done since the early 90's.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread. ... xes-around

I get Kiwis, people from Holland and of course, North Americans asking all sorts of questions which I have dealt with since the early 90's.

/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=73672

Been around all types of in-line and V-6's since I was knee high to a grass hopper and have never had a problem with adapting almost any Ford carb to carb to any log head engine.

http://www.xecltd.info/About-Us.html

Contact me at dean@xecltd.info, I'll ask you some questions, and send you one.

PM to bubba,
thanx

Just throwing this out here as an option for the Fordsix community. In light of Mike's passing, and speaking with Rich and a few others about this. The current inventory of Classic Inlines is going to be depleted soon. And since his family has no intentions to continue carrying his torch, some of his products may be gone forever unless someone steps in and continues his vision. Having gotten Rich's blessing to offer the community some of these products, I can design and manufacture many of the needed carb adapters and spacers that are being requested among other things. I just bought a new CNC mill a few months back with the sole purpose of doing patternmaking and prototyping to have many products cast to help keep the costs down and affordable. I also challenge others that have skills and abilities and talent on here like this to find that niche product that you can create to help keep the Fordsix community alive and thriving. So lets all roll up our sleeves and get busy keeping the hobby going strong. Rich and Will have already given me a short list of sorts for the more requested products that Classic Inlines was selling, so if anyone has ideas on other items that maybe have not been created yet, or simply products that haven't been around for a while for any of the Ford Six engines, lets hear them. I'm currently machining the plenum core patterns for a non-Ford intake manifold, so many possibilities are now available that may not have been before.

Thanks, glad to help out!

CNC-Dude":dk6zlfcu said:
Just throwing this out here as an option for the Fordsix community. In light of Mike's passing, and speaking with Rich and a few others about this. The current inventory of Classic Inlines is going to be depleted soon. And since his family has no intentions to continue carrying his torch, some of his products may be gone forever unless someone steps in and continues his vision. Having gotten Rich's blessing to offer the community some of these products, I can design and manufacture many of the needed carb adapters and spacers that are being requested among other things. I just bought a new CNC mill a few months back with the sole purpose of doing patternmaking and prototyping to have many products cast to help keep the costs down and affordable. I also challenge others that have skills and abilities and talent on here like this to find that niche product that you can create to help keep the Fordsix community alive and thriving. So lets all roll up our sleeves and get busy keeping the hobby going strong. Rich and Will have already given me a short list of sorts for the more requested products that Classic Inlines was selling, so if anyone has ideas on other items that maybe have not been created yet, or simply products that haven't been around for a while for any of the Ford Six engines, lets hear them. I'm currently machining the plenum core patterns for a non-Ford intake manifold, so many possibilities are now available that may not have been before.
Thanks, glad to help out!
My thought was a lill different. Get the info on the drop-shipment vendors and continue selling just as a service (break even or sm. profit) to folks who were searching for these things. I'd be willing to contrubute some energy.

Anyway - U get what U need Rick?
can U take a piece of bar stock and shape/drill/mount it?

chad":ownxijjk said:
My thought was a lill different. Get the info on the drop-shipment vendors and continue selling just as a service (break even or sm. profit) to folks who were searching for these things.

Probably not likely to happen since it would require someone to create a business account to conduct business with these vendors and oversee the payment and ordering of products from them. The people involved with the liquidation of current inventory are only doing it as a courtesy as volunteers to keep anyone in the Fordsix community from getting stiffed out of their orders, and not likely willing to step up and to do it as a business. And the name Classic Inlines will not likely continue as a business once all is settled.

"...name Classic Inlines will not likely continue as a business…"

couldn't the family continue to produce/sell the alu heads?

From what Rich has said, the family has no interest in continuing on with the business and is no longer responding to them for help in supplying customers with current orders. What is being shipped is only product and inventory that Will(Does10's) has on hand himself. Once that supply is gone, it is over. That's why I stated that we all need to step forward, those us that are capable, to carry on with the hobby, or it too will may end.

Thanks for your input!

what capacity is available? to step forward? I mean in regard to supplying the 'fan'? folks on here?
I'm really glad some have continued the forum or site. I'd like to see the vendor connection continue.

Back