Mistery Part!!!!?????? help please i need clarification!

A

Anonymous

hey, i am in the middle of re-building my 200 and i noticed that there is a 1" in diameter hole with 2 bolt holes rite infront of the distributer.. like almost touching it . i believe that there was just a cap that went there however i cannot find it... do you guys know what i am talking about??? i think that the shop took it off and forgot to give it back. i will post pics if nobody knows what part i mean. let me know. thanks guys.

66' 200ci
ponyrider66

That's a rare block... Ford built very few of them with this hole. It was used to sense crankcase blowby pressure, in order to regulate heavy blower applications in race cars. :roll:

Seriously, it's where the road draught tube hooks up. The bolt holes are a mystery, but the long metal pipe that hangs down, is what belongs there. It provides crankcase ventilation. After some years, it was plugged off, and a PCV valve fitted to the valve cover instead. You can do this, too if you wish. Just fit a brass plug in the hole with some Permatex #3, and use a later valve cover with PCV.

Regards, Adam.

The block from my 64 doesn't have the bolt holes and the block from my 65 does. The 64 has the vent tube and 65 is plugged and has a pcv connection in the valve cover. Doen't look like the bolt holes were ever used for anything.

Back