Click Here -> Please Consider Making a PayPal Contribution to the FordSix Forum!
2019 Contributors:
NJwpod, 1strodeo, mightynorseman, maxtrux, 6d7coupe, broncr, Phase3, 68Flareside240, bmbm40,
mustang6, WorldChampGramp, justintendo, BigBlue94, ags290, motorsickle1130, Rooster, ousooner919, ethanperry
rzcrisis, DoctorC, jamyers, Motorboy, fastpat, Silverback280, chad

<<< New Site Update >>>

Rebuild problems, HELP!!!!!

Moderator: Mod Squad

McGoo

Rebuild problems, HELP!!!!!

Post #1 by McGoo » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:05 am

:?
I'm hoping someone here can help me with a wee bit of a problem I'm having.

I took the engine & tranny out of my car to redo the front end. While it was out I thought it would be a great time to replace the front crank seal & oil pan gasket and add power steering to the car.

Everything went well, except for the reinstallation of the alternator .

I put the lower mounting bracket bak on the car in the only position that it can go on. Now the alternator pulley is about 1/2 a groove away from the inner pulley on the crank. It seems to be too far back!!! :shock: I am using the same crank pulley & alternator that came off the car!

I thought that maybe the damper wasn't back far enough on the engine, but it seems to be on as far as it can go, & it's pulley lines up with the water pump perfectly. The alternator also misses the top adjuster mount (lower part of P/S bracket) by the same amount.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx

Paul :beer:

addo
VIP Member

Post #2 by addo » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:14 am

There's no cylindrical spacer that adjusts alternator position, like some engines have? That's about the only thing which springs to mind.

McGoo

Post #3 by McGoo » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:34 am

Addo,

Thee is the usual spacer, but it is still in the same place as before. I even grabbed the original alternator to see it it would fit. No luck

I can't seem to see what went wrong, but it has to be something simple.

I must be having a grey moment.

Paul