Stroked, and turbo'd

fast64ranchero

Well I haven't said much in here in some time, and some of you might remember my project that has turned into two year, for the rest of you here's the short version, 250 offset ground crand to 4.125" block bored to .037 over, Manley rods, CP pistons, Clay Smith custom turbo cam, Turbonetics 62-1 turbo, now if I can get the pictures loaded on here you all can see it mated to its tranny (TKO 500) if all goes well it's going in my Fairmont this weekend :LOL:
Christams07062.jpg

Christams07060.jpg

hailey07013.jpg
[/img]

and yes I do have one of Mikes heads, but no intake so my mill'd head will have to do for now :eek:

turbo_fairlane_200":2oanjfqy said:
so the TKO bolts right up to a stock 3.03 bell huh? any other big mods needed?

It's a 250 block so the standard 5.0 bellhousing bolts right up.
Will

It is now 269 Cu. In. like I said before in other posts I would not do this combo again, I would keep the stroke close to stock, and use longer rods, one could do this combo pretty cheap using Jeep rods and if I remember right chevy 305 pistons, I have my notes somewhere might have to get them out,

fast64 -

interested to know how you attached the plate to the milled head ?

is it bolted on? welded? brazed ?

i read all your old posts but didnt see it specifically mentioned

brett
melb

do the intake and exhaust share the same flange? thats what it looks like from the pictures. do you have any more pics of the exhaust manifold?

Classic Inlines sells the JE pistons, you could use them also. That is what I plan on doing. Product ID: JEP-200-FPD and rings Product ID: JEP-200-RGS. I am just deciding if I should use stock rods or not.

gb500
the plate is attacted using lots of tappered head and counter sunk allen bolts, if you look close at the pic you will see what looks like smaller holes, I also used that super stranth Loc tite to keep them in place

Patrick66
The intake and exhaust are on one flange, I tried to seperate the two but I wasn't sure I could make them seal

fast64ranchero":3lhxwdvy said:
gb500
the plate is attacted using lots of tappered head and counter sunk allen bolts, if you look close at the pic you will see what looks like smaller holes, I also used that super stranth Loc tite to keep them in place

Patrick66
The intake and exhaust are on one flange, I tried to seperate the two but I wasn't sure I could make them seal

You did it the way that Stroppe and Assoc. did in the 60's, so I figure it is good enough. Short of furnace brazing, it is probably the best that you can get.

Back