Click Here -> Please Consider Making a PayPal Contribution to the FordSix Forum!
2019 Contributors:
NJwpod, 1strodeo, mightynorseman, maxtrux, 6d7coupe, broncr, Phase3, 68Flareside240, bmbm40, mustang6, WorldChampGramp, justintendo, BigBlue94, ags290, motorsickle1130, Rooster, ousooner919, ethanperry, rzcrisis, DoctorC, jamyers, Motorboy, fastpat, Silverback280, chad, drag-200stang, THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER, Jimmys61falcon, rjonah, Sooshi, Robert92867, Invectivus

PLEASE TEST ON http://dev.fordsix.com

<<<***PLEASE READ*** New Site Update >>>

VI aluminum head update - March 2020

Moderator: Mod Squad

Sergeant82d

VI aluminum head update - March 2020

Post #1 by Sergeant82d » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:31 pm

Okay, it's still February, but just barely.

I talked to Matt (Matt Cox - owner of Vintage Inlines) this week. He has been contracting with a commercial/aftermarket cylinder head company for production of the heads. He is being told that his first production run (I think it is 100, but I'm not positive) will be completed by the end of March (2020).

Additionally, providing there are no issues, he intends to order a second run almost immediately.

So there's light at the end of the tunnel!

Brad

PopPops

Re: VI aluminum head update - March 2020

Post #2 by PopPops » Thu May 07, 2020 11:31 am

Have you heard of any news if they are available yet? I emailed them and no reply.

I’m new to the forum and trying to figure this all out

sefus

Post #3 by sefus » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:49 pm

Bump for June...
68 Mustang Coupe family car from the dealership til now. 96k original miles.
200-C4, Duraspark, MSD, Holley, Spectre, Bilstien, Zip Ties, Bud Light.

sefus

Post #4 by sefus » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:08 pm

Bump for July...

Sergeant82d

Post #5 by Sergeant82d » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:40 pm

As of now, Matt is shipping a couple of heads a month, or so. At least, he said he had two more going out in August... :beer:

Dang Covid-19... :evil:

sefus

Post #6 by sefus » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:01 pm

I've called, emailed... everything, with no response. Maybe I'll just have to keep my money and move on.

Sergeant82d

Post #7 by Sergeant82d » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:56 am

The only way I have been able to talk to him is in Facebook messenger. I don't know if you use FB (I rarely do), but he's always responded within at least a few days that way. HTH.

I agree, his communication and website updates are not ideal. But remember that he is only one guy, who has invested at least tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of dollars in a small business with very small returns, who has a very busy day job, too. Not many people could do it better, in my opinion. I offered my help to him earlier this year, putting together a file of head page website updates, simply to help him out. I'd suggest anybody else who might be able to help him with some small part of running a website or business do likewise.

Yes, it's a business. But let's be honest: there are only a few hundred, possibly a few thousand, worldwide, of us schlubs who are interested in the Ford inline six cylinder engines. At least, to the point of actually spending reasonably significant amounts of money. Certainly there hasn't been many people who step up to actually buy a $2k+ cylinder head. And none of us would have the option to even do that, if not for Matt, and Mike W. before him.

There simply isn't enough of a market to support a full service, full time business, doing what he does.

I'm getting off the soapbox now. I hope I haven't offended anyone, that's certainly not my intention.

I'm looking forward to getting my own head, too. I've been on the list for going on two years now, and he said that I was getting close to the top...

All I'm trying to say is, if you want the best thing you can possibly do to improve the power, efficiency, mileage and driveability of your engine, try to be patient. Still. Again. :mrgreen:

Dr_Dan_WWW

Post #8 by Dr_Dan_WWW » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:31 am

Sergeant82d, I am certainly not offended by your post! I am thankful you gave us an update. I hope we all understand Matt is doing what he can in his spare time. I think I got on his list about a year ago, so I just have to be patient.
'66 Bronco wagon, uncut, frame-off resto, 170ci stock, Holley 1904 universal 1V, DUI, 3 spd, 2.5" suspension lift, added pwr steering 4Wheel disc. NEXT: upgrade to a 200 w/larger log intake, maybe a 2V Conversion.