Aluminum head - 1yr. Anniversary!

Does10s

Famous Member
VIP
It's been just a bit over one year since we first installed the ClassicInlines Aluminum head on Kelly's 250 powered Falcon and I thought I'd post up a little something about how it's going so far.

Our head is totally out of the box, unported, as delivered from Mike. We've gone as fast as 10.95@124 in the quartermile. Being that Kelly's car is mainly a street legal drag car our street miles have been minimal. I would have to guess we have about 600 miles on it. We have about 55 "logged" runs on it and a few dyno pulls.
We have had it up to about 220*, it survived a cracked block, a couple of "blown" head gaskets, and all of this at 17lbs. of boost.
So far the head has performed flawlessly!

Problems thus far:
We did have to get the deck trued up here recently. It was not flat by .008" for the entire length of the head. I would consider this as less than normal wear and tear for the abuse that we're throwing at it.
If you're running the Yella Terra Rocker Arms. The rocker arm bolt for #6 Exhaust is about 1/8" to long. It contacts the mounting pedistal near the oil feed hole. It's an easy fix though with just a slightly shorter hold down allen headed bolt.

We'll keep trying to break it, but for now we're very happy with the results! It's leaps and bounds better then the Log head!
Later,
Will

DOES10 says,
It's leaps and bounds better then the Log head!

How do the times compare to the Aussie head you had on. Can't remember what times you were running before.

63comet":2ylk4zbh said:
How do the times compare to the Aussie head you had on. Can't remember what times you were running before.

I'll have to look up our exact ETs but if I recall we were in the high 11's with the Oz head and intake and the same 450 Holley.
That being said the Oz head we were using was a very well ported one that we were borrowing until the aluminum one was finished.

I'll look up the actual ET/MPH numbers tonight.

Will

Back