moved forums efi tuning ?

dijera":3s1zfggv said:
... So how could I theoretically retard spark say 30degs at say 1000 rpm? I mean I know how to enter it into the timing map, but if the rotor is firing after it passes the terminal how does the spark get to the plug wire?
Just trying to increase my knowledge/understanding.
[/quote]

30º at the crankshaft is only 15º at the distributor. The rotor tips are fairly wide, and the cap terminals cover several degrees themselves. But eventually, it can get too far away.
Joe

So when I realized that I was only keeping my battery charged at +-12V things started to make sense. Took the alt. to local auto elect. shop to check it out. They called me last night to say that the alt does not work. This morning I remembered that I took the pully off to try and swap with the doubleV pully from stock alt. I think maybe I didn't get the pully torqued enough and it might be slipping just enough that to screw things up. With lights on the gauge reads 11.84V, not hardly enough to run especially efi. they are closed for the weekend so I won't know for sure till monday but I,ve got new hope. also I figured out a mistake I was making with fuel delivery that was giving me very lean conditions. Should be screaming very soon. ;)

dijera":n68vcpw2 said:
I figured out a mistake I was making with fuel delivery that was giving me very lean conditions.

What was it?

There are two main fueling perameteres. The scaler and offset, both are milisecond values. The only info they give you on these is that the scaler is like changeing main jets and the offset is a trim adjustment similar to idle mixture. Also the higher value for each will increase fuel for the given condition. They just dont tell you what those conditions are. From the factory the scaler is set at 10.4 and offset is set at neg. value near zero. I was having extreme lean conditions with throttle open so I kept increasing the scaler value only to have to decrease offset value in order to keep it from going to rich at idle. the problem was that I kept going in that direction thinking I neaded more "main jet". It just wasn't really working. I decided to go the other way and start going + on the offset value and the higher I went the higher it would rev without going lean. I could then drop the scaler without it efecting idle. It's all going to fall into place as soon as I get the alt. fixed. The problem is that they assume you know nothing so they tell you nothing and call it intuitive.

The cool thing is that once I get this figured out it would have no problem controling a boosted engine. Although I am at 9.5/1. I'm thinking small twin turbos and go for LOW END. Actually my next project will be a 240-260Z. I'm thinking IR port fuel injection. big ol plenum box around the runners and a intercooled turbo. I am a Ford guy but a '76 280 w/ 81 efi motor I had when I was younger was the funnest car I ever had and I want another one that's BAD :eek: Some day :roll: I am obviously a dreamer.

dijera":2p5twk5s said:
The cool thing is that once I get this figured out it would have no problem controling a boosted engine.

....As long as you had 2 or 3 bar MAP sensor

True. I This is just a matter of software. There is another company that sells the same ecu ender the name 034efi. They are much more oriented towards turbo applications and seem to be much more progressive with software upgrades. Thier main customer base seems to be VW and Audi owners/tuners. They also have set up a forum for their users, something redlinewebber needs to do as they don't seem to have much time for any meaningfull customer/tech service.
edit: I take that back I would need a different Map sensor

Back