Ran into a problem I did not expect with the 200 log head

Would this idea work?

Instead of welding on a bung what about making a mold or pattern to sit on top of intake runner, filling it with JB Weld, then drill into and make injector seat in that?

not sure if JB Weld would be the best material... but so long as you could guarantee no air bubbles, and nothing dripping into the intake, yeah it sounds good

Alot of people seem to use it and the container says it can be sanded, filed, and machined.

I was thinking of making a form on the top of the intake runner and pouring in JB Weld in slowly like syrup so it flows in. I would clean top of intake runner to clean bare metal first.

The idea was cutting off at a angle part of a toiler paper center tube so you have a sort of crecent shape and then set and/or tape that onto the runner at the right place so it has the correct height. Was also thinking that a piece of plastic cut properly like from a milk jug might work better.

Once JB Weld sets I was going to use one of the drill bits with the fuel injector seat in it and drill out JB Weld and through top of intake runner into top of runner and then clean up from inside any burrs.

The key would be to get all the injector pads set at same height.

1) use PVC pipe, if you are going to do this like this don't skimp on the forming materials, it should also be easier to get the correct form with the PVC
2) for the height, mix up a certain amount per tube, then pour in the same amount per tube, that coupled with setting the head on a perfectly level surface should help

edit: once you get it set and remove the PVC, you should be able to check the height of the bungs via a level, straight edge, and feeler guage... should work quite well once you get everything setup correctly

i wonder if you should groove the head where the JB will sit to help it have something to adhere to other than a flat bare surface

I figured the head would need to be at a angle to ensure that the JB Weld "casting" pad top is level.

I had also planned to measure a point on the runners and make sure the molds were all on the same height on the runner to ease leveling problems.

Looks like MSD has a injector top fitting with a threaded pipe end. This clips on top of injector and I see no reason why braided stainless hose with the matching fitting cant be used to supply fuel to the injector. Already found a source for fuel distribution blocks.

Anlushac11":14mp0dwz said:
I figured the head would need to be at a angle to ensure that the JB Weld "casting" pad top is level.
you're right...
should be easy enough to build a stand that you can set to a certain angle, use a magnetic angle finder attached to the bottom of the head and go from there

hmmm.....JB Weld always shaped pretty well with a large coarse file or grinder/sander for me. i would just do it level and cut to fit :D could spend the time shimming u pthe head and using the angle finder trying not to screw it up pouring the epoxy.....or jsut do it level and grind it back down a bit (most likely will need a little clean up anyways)

what about an Offy style EFI intake on a flatop head? injectors would be farther out than "IDEAL" but would not need any fancy welding or epoxy (just mill and drill the log)

Back