removing choke absolutely necassary

rommaster2

Hello

I'm getting ready to throw a turbo onto my 200ci and i was wondering apart from the obvious plugging of vacuum ports and a nitrophyl float in the carb do i have to remove the choke? The reason i ask is i'm not going for squeezing out every single horsepower, i'm just looking to boost my power and still try and retain fairly good reliability.

So would i have to remove the choke or is it just done to increase flow?

8) you dont need to remove the choke, unless you are looking for maximum power. in fact unless you are going racing, the choke will aid in cold driveability.

Hmm...never really heard of a choke on a turbo car. Seems like the turbo does a good job of pushing a lot of fuel into the cylinders. Sealing the shaft will be a problem.

Sealing the shaft is irrelevant considering the construction of the Holley carb puts the shaft under the carb hat. If i recall the issue with choke is not that you don't get fuel its that it doesn't atomize as well and therefore doesn't like to idle. I've driven cars without chokes before and I know its not too bad but I would just like it to be as reliable as possible with the turbo on it ya know.

Back