FOUND 1963 F100 Stepside Tailgate

LeonBlank

Good morning my friends!

I have been on the hunt for a tailgate for quite some time. Any leads?
Color does not matter as I will sand re-paint just not all rusted through.
Pickup would be nice (SE Wisconsin)

I have been rocking a rough-sawn oak tagate with FORD burned into it long enough. Time for a real one!

Those Step Side Tail Gates should be easy to find since they are the same for a couple decades of trucks. They started in 1953 and continuing on into at least the 1970's and were used on both the 6' and 8' beds. Good luck

Those Step Side Tail Gates should be easy to find since they are the same for a couple decades of trucks. They started in 1953 and continuing on into at least the 1970's and were used on both the 6' and 8' beds. Good luck
You are correct. Either they are rotted or huge money so they are used for benches. I can find good unibody ones but not step.

Out here those Uni Tail Gates are non existent, there are still the step sides though. Have you looked into a new one?

Out here those Uni Tail Gates are non existent, there are still the step sides though. Have you looked into a new one?
I have looked at the new ones. Unless Santa can see that I have been good all year to get me a new one that I will have to dent a bit and age....$500 plus shipping is a hard one to swallow.

I have looked at the new ones. Unless Santa can see that I have been good all year to get me a new one that I will have to dent a bit and age....$500 plus shipping is a hard one to swallow.
Wow that's high! Surprised. got a new china copy for a full size for just over a hundred. .

Still searching. Looking for stock wheels now also. We have a very large swap meet in Iola, WI in July that I will be searching to find these goodies.

Still searching. Looking for stock wheels now also. We have a very large swap meet in Iola, WI in July that I will be searching to find these goodies.
I'm also in the market for stock wheels and hopefully some era-correct hub cabs (the smaller center type). '79 f100.

Good morning my friends!

I have been on the hunt for a tailgate for quite some time. Any leads?
Color does not matter as I will sand re-paint just not all rusted through.
Pickup would be nice (SE Wisconsin)

I have been rocking a rough-sawn oak tagate with FORD burned into it long enough. Time for a real one!

Can you confirm the width of this? All the ones I find that say they fit my truck are 3" too wide. Looking for 51" wide from the little C channel where it interlocks with the bed that you can see on the back in the third picture
This measures from side to side at 49.5" and they say that is standard size for 1961 to 1966. I am near Rockford if you want to come see it. Message me on FB to make it easier to communicate if you want

This measures from side to side at 49.5" and they say that is standard size for 1961 to 1966. I am near Rockford if you want to come see it. Message me on FB to make it easier to communicate if you want
I am not on facebook so that won't work. I will private message in a moment

Reactions: DON
Back