All Small Six 221sp

This relates to all small sixes

cliffcarey68

Can anyone tell me what parts can be utilized to put a C4 behind my 221sp which is now a 4 speed? I'm in the U.S. and don't know what 200 or 250 parts might crossover. Thanks, Cliff.

Can anyone tell me what parts can be utilized to put a C4 behind my 221sp which is now a 4 speed? I'm in the U.S. and don't know what 200 or 250 parts might crossover. Thanks, Cliff.
Use the Australian C4 cast iron bell housing and the right pan fill gearbox from any US C4 automatic.

Ford Australia has call system for C4s; an internal date code, C8, C9, and C10.

C8 is 1968 221 Ford Fairlane, Fairmont and Falcon.

C9 is 302 Windsor V8 C4.

C10 is the US Cleveland 351, but used on the 302C engines.

What you are looking for is a C8 cast iron bellhousing.

If you would like, I can make you a Bellhousing adaptor like I used for for David McNair. He supplied six Caterpillar 7/16 bolts, and I made a crank spigot and an iron 15.9 mm deep adaptor adaptor.

That allows you to use a C4 Small block Ford 302 gearbox.

In the USA, Californian 67StraightSix made one for his turbo 3.3 Mustang.

“... the right pan fill..."
only pan fill here I know is ’73/7 bronk.
Not sure the cars (plenty) as I follow trucks more but the F-series
(’65/81) were all case fill. I’ve head all the cars were too. May B try:

as that forum supports this kinda motor. C4 is extremely variable as to huge aftr mrkt support. BUT...
for foreign U will need to do some wrk. Not sure but output shaft might need changed (length/spline count/diam).
Then there’s the gasket / seal. O-ring’n C clip could B easy (if needed). If ur nice, guys on Oz forum may help...

I only know a little about the C4's used in the US but I can tell you that the mid-70's Granada/Monarch/Versailles C4s were pan fills. I went nuts a few years ago trying to find a replacement dipstick and tube for a C4 from a 77 Versailles.

ok, i think this is all gunna help him~

Back