All Small Six 2300 Sniper

This relates to all small sixes

StarDiero75

1K+
VIP
Supporter 2018
Howdy Guys,

So i put the sniper back in the Ranchero instead of retuning the carb. Figured since I'm ultimately going sniper for the turbo 200 build might as well. Anyhow, I got some loud ticking coming from the unit. Sounds like fuel injectors. Anyone else experience this and solve it? I'll be ordering the adapter and pressure gauge in the next paycheck or 2 to verify pressure. Otherwise the car seems to run well. (Side note i started ordering the hyperspark system as well. Still need the ICM before installing).

Thanks!

I've installed a few of the 4bbl units, and I believe the ticking is the injectors pulsing. It's a common complaint with them. Exaggerated by the fact that our 6's are a lot quieter then most applications that these are normally used on.

I ran across this post this morning & thought I'd put my 2 cents in .
I 'm running a 2300 Sniper on the 200 in my 67 Mustang vert. I have had it on for close to 3 years, eng is stock other than a e bay split header with 2 1/4" duals. The 2300 is on a small log head with a 2x1 adapter . In the last couple of months I put a new Hyper spark dist in ,to have timing control thru the Sniper. I'm trying to get as many issues fixed as possible before I start on the last part of my long range plan from when I got the car .

The one thing I would say is make sure you have the 10 pin harness for the Sniper to fire your ign box . Seems like a simple no brainer but !

People can say what they want but when I did the initial install it was on the stock exhaust system with a points dist thru my MSD 6AL box .& it ran fine . All my problems have been directly connected to leaks in the exhaust system both the stock & the new duals .

This winter I hope to get my Classic inline alumn head, Schnider cam , & the Yella Terra roller rockers installed . The last part of a long range plan. Should of allready had it done but too many things keep getting in the way .

The one thing I would say is if you have a small six & want more from it put a 2300 Sniper on it ( even stock ) & watch it come alive

Have the same unit on my 250 and it ticks kinda loudly. Usually right at that threshold where I'm wondering if it's the EFI or valvetrain.

AFAIK that's situation normal.

I've installed a few of the 4bbl units, and I believe the ticking is the injectors pulsing. It's a common complaint with them. Exaggerated by the fact that our 6's are a lot quieter then most applications that these are normally used on.
Yeah thats kinda what I'm worried about. It sounds like valvetrain but its definitely not. Maybe i just need cut outs now haha

Back