All Small Six 65 coupe

This relates to all small sixes
So no real cough or backfire when I try to start engine. The engine would only stay on if i put pressure on the gas pedal. All the spark plugs have spark but still won't start.

I'd lift the distributor and rotate one tooth forward, and one tooth back. I think you are somewhere close, but off a tooth. I think if you were two off, either way, it wouldn't run at all.

Easiest thing I can suggest.

I'd double check the set up of the Pertronix. Not familiar with the install, not sure if the rotating magnet can be off clocked, and the distributor off a tooth.

"fuel issues" are often 'electrical'. 1st isa
full ignition tune up, only then onto the carb (always). If for nothing else so
as to learn it, then rule it out as a factor here. Just like chasin dwn a ground ina ele system - start @ one end
& go thru to the other w/the fuel system (tank, lines, filter, etc). U can C what kinda 'shot' it gives the carb throat by
lookin dwn it while rockin the rod or jerkin the cable/eternal carb linkage. Hold ur head aside for backfire but put a lite dwn there if needed 2 C.

I'd lift the distributor and rotate one tooth forward, and one tooth back. I think you are somewhere close, but off a tooth. I think if you were two off, either way, it wouldn't run at all.

Easiest thing I can suggest.

I'd double check the set up of the Pertronix. Not familiar with the install, not sure if the rotating magnet can be off clocked, and the distributor off a tooth.
Thank you very much. Will do.

Back