Adding to the Aluminum Excitement...

I think you are talking about TTY bolts (torque to yield) when you torque them they yield (let go) and reach an elastic state. in this state they can stretch and contract much like rubber and will always give the same amount of clamping force. but they are a single use item. I think people have had good luck with studs in mixed metal applications.

62fairlane170":388ji9h5 said:
I think people have had good luck with studs in mixed metal applications.

All the V 8 guys do it that way - no probs.

the pics of that setup look more like one i saw on a 70 maverick at englishtown...but it was a 300 with 3 2 barrels on it...the intake and everything looked about the same..perhaps those carbs are weber 48 ida's or something very similar?
that motor makes 360hp at 6g's but wht is in that motor? how bout torque numbers? vavle sizes? roller rockers? we need to know more about wht else is in that motor besides just the head and intake

just my thoughts

Bringing this to the top - hoping to light a fire under some arses and get these heads noticed again!

When is the next batch in?

Should be here by now?

Here are the resized smaller pics I have hosted. If anyone needs the larger, FULL resolution ones please let me know (PM me with your email addy) and I'll send them.

SPhead5.jpg

SPhead4.jpg

What was the other alluminum head that people were working on? I thought I heard about it but I didn't see any specs.

Travis

Here's a link for anyone else that hasn't looked at the FordSixPerformance head:
http://cquesttechnologies.com/fspp/fspphead.asp?cat=64

I'd say I have to trust this one a lot more because He's got his website up and is explaining the setbacks and everything it's taking to get this head made. I have a feeing we may never see this argie head. If so we would have had news about what is taking so long. :(

Another question:
Arent there already alluminum heads being made in Argentina? Why isn't somebody just importing those? I was down there between 1994-1996 and the exchange rate was 1 to 1. Now it's much better.

Travis

falcon62travis":7ef90f0w said:
Another question:
Arent there already alluminum heads being made in Argentina? Why isn't somebody just importing those? I was down there between 1994-1996 and the exchange rate was 1 to 1. Now it's much better.

Well, John and Dennis were trying to import them, but the logistics is a killer. In their defense, both guys work full time and do not have excessive time to devote to trying to constantly work out all the problems of importation. If someone else wants to try to import them, I say step up to the plate and go for it.

Dennis was going to sell me the head off of his project - - - it had been fully custom done with all of the best parts - - - but the price was more than I could handle. ( It hink 600 or 800 in machine work alone?)

I kept trying to get a bare head to work with, and after numerous calls and emails I just kind of gave up. I know there were a lot of problems with communication with the Argentines and trying to import them, but I don't know the whole story. I would STILL like to try one as its potential is EXCELLENT!! It is a deep breather, for sure. And, it is PROVEN.

Back