Alloy Valve Cover update

AzCoupe

1K+
Departed Member
I got good news today, the match plate is finally done and arrived at the pattern makers yesterday. He needs one day to do the gating (how the molten aluminum flows into the cast), so he'll be sending it over to the foundry the first part of next week. The foundry said they should have the first batch cast up by the end of the following week (1-14). From there, they get bead blasted, and machined before being shipped to me (around 1-30).

Once I receive them, I'll take them over to be powder coated and polished (ribs only). I can have them powder coated in several different colors, so the customer will have a wide choice. The final two steps (coating and polishing) takes 7-10 days. By doing it this way, I'll be able to take custom orders (rather than offering in one or two colors only) and still ship them out within two weeks of receiving the order. I will however, stock a some in one or two of the most popular colors for immediate shipping.

I will also have a fully polish cover available for an additional cost, or raw for the do it yourself guys. The price of the fully polished cover is still undetermined as they need to do at least one so they can figure the time accurately. But they estimated it will run somewhere between $100-$120 per cover. Price on a powder coated with polished ribs will be $175, raw $145 each.

I am curious as to which colors will be the most popular, so I may run a poll to see which three are the most popular. This will help me figure out which colors to stock, and how many. Any peticular colors you guys want to see? Definitely Black textured, but how about Ford blue, dark blue, red, green, black with silver viens, or???

I am also taking advanced orders to assist cash flow. Developing all these custom parts (valve covers, cylinder heads, intakes, and dizzys) is expensive with a lot of up front expense, and no cash coming back in. So if you order between now and Jan 30th, the cost will be discounted by $25 bucks. After the 30th, it goes up to the normal price. You will also receive shipping priority, by the date ordered.

Finally, after three years of working on them, they are almost ready. Next, comes a matching 10" air cleaner for 1V, 2V, and 4V carbs. Then a matching timing cover. 8)

More Info http://www.cquesttechnologies.com/fspp/proddetail.asp?prod=FSP-200-AVC

TBI%20and%20VC%20005s.jpg

nice job , perfect . i want to order !!
1 valve cover raw ! , give me the price including shipping cost and i send in advance the money , got paypal up .

btw: mike i did send already a few emails for buying a head and headers , but no response yet , did you get my mails ore did i do something wrong with sending them ?
maybe you could make me a complete pakkage deal !

those valve covers are going to be realy nice. I cant wait to get some extra cash so i can order a pair. I think black is going to be your best seller; and maybe the ford blue.

carb bonnets ? 1 thing i got for a carb setup here is a turbo air box for a carb setup for the log head .
i design it in autocad and cut the whole 3 D design with an CNC machine into styropor materiaal. raw shape . stil laying arround here after 4 months , and did do nothing to it , maybe time to finish this project , and cast it in alu.
for to give you an idee fot what type shape i did make .

kits_vortech_carby03.jpg

Paxton_Carb.jpg

Back