All Small Six Anyone know where to find Port Flow Valves now?

This relates to all small sixes

StarDiero75

1K+
VIP
Supporter 2018
Howdy everyone!

Trying to get my aussie 2V ready and it seems Vintage Inlines is out of the 1.75"/1.5" port flow stainless valves. I asked Matt and he said new ones aren't coming till the company changes their ordering policy. I searched around and can't seem to find someone else with them. Any ideas or anyone have a spare set? I really don't want to have to pull my current head on the car to make this work.

Thanks,
Ryan

Star, I do not know what you have or doing for sure, but the AU 2V uses a larger stem than the US log, I think. The US 5/16'' stem may flow more but you would have to put bronze guides/ liners. May need to be freshened anyway.

Star, I do not know what you have or doing for sure, but the AU 2V uses a larger stem than the US log, I think. The US 5/16'' stem may flow more but you would have to put bronze guides/ liners. May need to be freshened anyway.
That is correct. It was just refreshened but I want the larger valves put in so I planned on changing the guides to the 5/16" ones.

You may know this, if you do not find any and do not want to go custom made, you could get late model 1.75 and 144 cid intake valves that I think are about 1.470, you can check that, for the exhaust...They are the same material...If you have mad skills you can Pro flow them on a bench grinder...May be somebody with a valve grinding machine can do the pro flow for you, and do the 30 deg back cut too...At this time I think that the 1.50 valve may be Larger than necessary, and the 144-intake valve will work fine.
OppsI read the other thread and see that you know this.

Last edited:
You may know this, if you do not find any and do not want to go custom made, you could get late model 1.75 and 144 cid intake valves that I think are about 1.470, you can check that, for the exhaust...They are the same material...If you have mad skills you can Pro flow them on a bench grinder...May be somebody with a valve grinding machine can do the pro flow for you, and do the 30 deg back cut too...At this time I think that the 1.50 valve may be Larger than necessary, and the 144-intake valve will work fine.
OppsI read the other thread and see that you know this.
I do happen to know about the 144 intake and that is also another backup plan. If the intake is breathing better, why would the 1.5 be too big? I actually found out I have a set of 63 170 1.52 intake valves that could possibly work, right?

I'll see what I can do about pro flowing them. Looks like I'm going with a schneider 280 cam so she gonna be breathing lol.

Would need a flow bench to know for sure.. But my thinking is the 1.50 is a lot larger than stock 1.38 .. The bowl and port will not support it plus more shrouding at the chamber wall.. Think like a too large of valve gets in the way of the exhaust trying go around and get out a small hole. The 1.50 may be fine but the 144 cid valve is available and I do not think that it would flow less and it would give you material to up size it if the seats get messed up along the way.
Maybee Paul has a thought on this. I know that he likes the custom taller valves with better springs and that would be nice.

I never thought about the 170 1.522, maybe turn them down some and if you are thinking about harden inserts, keep hitting water in mind hopefully your machinist knows these engines.

Howdy everyone!

Trying to get my aussie 2V ready and it seems Vintage Inlines is out of the 1.75"/1.5" port flow stainless valves. I asked Matt and he said new ones aren't coming till the company changes their ordering policy. I searched around and can't seem to find someone else with them. Any ideas or anyone have a spare set? I really don't want to have to pull my current head on the car to make this work.

Thanks,
Ryan
Toyota 22r from an 81-95 pickup work if not mistaken.
1.457 exhaust/Intake 1.770 Intake

Back