All Small Six Best EFI for my 200

This relates to all small sixes

bryanh363

I have been looking at different EFI systems for the 200 to make it a bit more reliable as my carb is finicky and needs to be replaced. I was looking at the Sniper series from Holley that is a direct replacement for the Autolite 1100 but would prefer a 2v so I can swap it to the 302 build once it is done. With this in mind what is the best 2v EFI carb? Currently this is my list in order of consideration. Please let me know your thoughts and opinions and let me know if I'm going down a dark money pit with the EFI. This will be going into my 1971 Comet, I know a lot of people can barely fit the Weber 32 36 and each of these 2v carbs will need an adapter.

1. Aces Dueces Wild - 3 5/16 inch height
2. FiTech 2 barrel - could not find accurate information
3. Holley Sniper EFI 2300 - 3 5/16th inch height

My experience with the Holley Sniper 2300 2 barrel EFI has not been good. I fought with the Sniper 2300’s on my 4.9 EFI and thrown in the towel in about two years. Some people are having good success using the Sniper 2300. But, it’s also proven that there is a good amount of people having problems with them. Holley even knows this and I believe that they have been in damage control for quite a while with the Sniper 2300. I personally cannot recommend the Sniper 2300 to anyone here.

I don’t know much about the FiTech so I personally can’t comment about them. I do know that they also seem to have a high failure rate.

The Aces Dueces Wild 2 barrel is the new kid on the block. They seem to have addressed some of the issues that the Holley Sniper and FiTech suffer from. I do know the Aces seems to have good tech support. Holley and FiTech are hard to get in touch with. When I called Aces, tech support picked up immediately and they were very knowledgeable. This is a huge plus for Aces. The Aces EFI units look like they designed very well. I feel they would be the simplest ones to install and setup.

If I had to choose, it would be the Aces Dueces Wild.

Edited:
I’ve been looking at an Aces Dueces Wild. And, someday I might consider trying one. I’m still working on getting over the mess I’ve went through with the Sniper. It’s going to take a while. We’ll see.

Last edited:
Completely understand. I actually just ordered the Aces 2 barrel. I found a coupon code that brought my final price to $660 after tax and shipping. I feel like that is the best bang for the buck efi.

My experience with the Holley Sniper 2300 2 barrel EFI has not been good. I fought with the Sniper 2300’s on my 4.9 EFI and thrown in the towel in about two years. Some people are having good success using the Sniper 2300. But, it’s also proven that their is a good amount of people having problems with them. Holley even knows this and I believe that they have been in damage control for quite a while with the Sniper 2300. I personally cannot recommend the Sniper 2300 to anyone here.

I don’t know much about the FiTech so I personally can’t comment about them. I do know that they also seem to have a high failure rate.

The Aces Dueces Wild 2 barrel is the new kid on the block. They seem to have addressed some of the issues that the Holley Sniper and FiTech suffer from. I do know the Aces seems to have good tech support. Holley and FiTech are hard to get in touch with. When I called Aces, tech support picked up immediately and they were very knowledgeable. This is a huge plus for Aces. The Aces EFI units look like they designed very well. I feel they would be the simplest ones to install and setup.

If I had to choose, it would be the Aces Dueces Wild.

I’ve been looking at an Aces Dueces Wild. And, I’m still considering one. But what I just went through with the Sniper 2300, so I’m still getting over that mess.
I really enjoy the fact that they separated the ecu so it does not have to be in the engine bay are and get damaged by heat. I am not a fan of the Fitech design and cable management. I'll hopefully be able to get around to getting the Aces installed soon. I ordered the 1v to 2v adapter for now by want to do the conversion from 1v to 2v for better flow.

Yes, I will also. Please report the results with that brand! Thanks.

Completely understand. I actually just ordered the Aces 2 barrel. I found a coupon code that brought my final price to $660 after tax and shipping. I feel like that is the best bang for the buck efi.
What route are you taking for fuel pump and pressure regulator?

So the Aces 2 barrel says it requires a 12v fuel pump that is minimum 42 psi. I ordered one that is 55 psi to compensate. From what I have read and watched through installation videos it does not need a regulator since it is dispursing the fuel and controlling the pump.

Aces is basically FiTech. They are the original owners of FiTech before they sold. Made in the same factory from what I understand. Software is close also.

All efi's have "problems". Depends on who you talk to.. I have had my FiTech since it first came out. The 30003. Hollly didn't have an inexpensive unit back then.

Most problems stem from installation.

Aces is basically FiTech. They are the original owners of FiTech before they sold. Made in the same factory from what I understand. Software is close also.

All efi's have "problems". Depends on who you talk to.. I have had my FiTech since it first came out. The 30003. Hollly didn't have an inexpensive unit back then.

Most problems stem from installation.
I knew that the owner was from Fitech and hopefully this is better than that. The overall design and support seem to be 10x better so I'm going to give it a shot.

So the Aces 2 barrel says it requires a 12v fuel pump that is minimum 42 psi. I ordered one that is 55 psi to compensate. From what I have read and watched through installation videos it does not need a regulator since it is dispursing the fuel and controlling the pump.
Ok. I'm not an electronics guy, so I may be reading it wrong. The PDF of the installation says a vacuum-controlled pressure regulator is required, just like factory EFI requires it.

On page 11, first paragraph under the picture at the top of the page.

That is a great call out Frank. I missed that part about the vacuum regulator. I'll have to order one as well as another filter. The Fuel kit that they have is over $500 so I'll definitely be looking elsewhere for that considering I paid a bit over $600 for the efi.

That is a great call out Frank. I missed that part about the vacuum regulator. I'll have to order one as well as another filter. The Fuel kit that they have is over $500 so I'll definitely be looking elsewhere for that considering I paid a bit over $600 for the efi.
Use an in-tank pump if you want it to be quieter.

Not suggesting this one directly- but would be a good choice. I've been running an Aeromotive regulator that brings EFI pressure down to carb pressure- a 50 psi drop- untouched for 10 years. They make good products. You're looking for one that has the vacuum reference port. That will be routed to manifold vacuum. High vacuum (low load) = lowered pressure and vice-versa. They have a port for a gauge, it's a good idea. They are adjustable, so with the gauge you can tune in the ideal pressure for the specific EFI in service.

I just got off the phone with Aces.
A vacuum/pressure referenced pressure regulator is NOT REQUIRED for a naturally aspirated engine. It is required for an engine with blow through boost.

Tech support mentioned that they sell and recommend the vacuum/pressure regulated pressure regulators because it can be used on either boosted and naturally aspirated engines. It covers Aces from any problems that arise with boosted engines.

Just to let you know, Tech Support was available immediately when I called. And the person was very knowledgeable.

Last thing, we talked about the company. I was told that it’s misinformation that Aces is basically FiTech. If someone has documented proof that they were, please send me a PM with the documentation and I will look into it.

Last edited:
I just got off the phone with Aces.
A vacuum/pressure referenced pressure regulator is NOT REQUIRED for a naturally aspirated engine. It is required for an engine with blow through boost.

Tech support mentioned that they sell and recommend the vacuum/pressure regulated pressure regulators because it can be used on either boosted and naturally aspirated engines. It covers Aces from any problems that arise with boosted engines.

Just to let you know, Tech Support was available immediately when I called. And the person knew was very knowledgeable.

Last thing, we talked about the company. I was told that it’s misinformation that Aces is basically FiTech. If someone has documented proof that they were, please send me a PM with the documentation and I will look into it.
I also called them about an hour ago and took less than 5 minutes to reach someone! I acquired the same information. They did not try and upsell anything to me either which is nice just recommended quality products from reputable sellers. With possibly boosting this application they recommended if funds are available to put in the pressure regulator so that it is one less thing to do later. They also mentioned that a pressure regulator would be advised if the fuel pump is above 48psi as 42 to 48 is the recommended psi for the Double Deuces efi.

I can't comment on the Holley 2bbl Sniper, but I've got a second generation 4bbl with the complete Hyper Spark ignition on brand X big block. Got nothing but good things to say about it. The auto learn was spot on and the only thing I altered was the timing map. I'll second the advice on using an in-tank pump. After using an external for a couple years I got tired of the noise and went with an internal.

I can't comment on the Holley 2bbl Sniper, but I've got a second generation 4bbl with the complete Hyper Spark ignition on brand X big block. Got nothing but good things to say about it. The auto learn was spot on and the only thing I altered was the timing map. I'll second the advice on using an in-tank pump. After using an external for a couple years I got tired of the noise and went with an internal.
I plan on using an inline for now but have plans to fab a fuel cell into the trunk area. Currently just have the time to take on that challenge. I almost went with the Sniper system but for the price I had to try Aces. Holley wanted almost double what the Aces was after discounts. If anyone is interested just use the code Aces20 for 20% off the purchase! I saved about $170 total.

Back