All Small Six Carburetor Upgrade

This relates to all small sixes

65 Mustang

Hello Everyone. Looking to upgrade my Autolite 1100 to a Carter YF. I am running a 200 inline six on a 1965 mustang. The distributor I’ve been using is not a load-o-matic. It is a dual advance from a ‘68 block. Also, the intake was bored out to 1.70 years ago when I got my cylinder head rebuilt. Below is a link to a Carter YF that I saw on Amazon. I believe this one is for an emissions car. I am drawn to it, however, because it has an electric choke. If you look at the front of the carburetor, you will notice a connection to the right of where the fuel filter connects. I assume a hose gets connected to that for an emissions car. Does anyone know if this carburetor can be used on a non-emissions car? If so, would that connection simply get plugged? I do see YFs being sold on Amazon without that connection. Those, like I mentioned before, do not seem to come with an electric choke, however. One last question: does anyone know of a company that sells a carb adapter that can connect a Carter YF to a 200 inline six? If not, I can have one made up at my local machine shop. Thank you all in advance.

Carter YF from Amazon

Hello Everyone. Looking to upgrade my Autolite 1100 to a Carter YF. I am running a 200 inline six on a 1965 mustang. The distributor I’ve been using is not a load-o-matic. It is a dual advance from a ‘68 block. Also, the intake was bored out to 1.70 years ago when I got my cylinder head rebuilt. Below is a link to a Carter YF that I saw on Amazon. I believe this one is for an emissions car. I am drawn to it, however, because it has an electric choke. If you look at the front of the carburetor, you will notice a connection to the right of where the fuel filter connects. I assume a hose gets connected to that for an emissions car. Does anyone know if this carburetor can be used on a non-emissions car? If so, would that connection simply get plugged? I do see YFs being sold on Amazon without that connection. Those, like I mentioned before, do not seem to come with an electric choke, however. One last question: does anyone know of a company that sells a carb adapter that can connect a Carter YF to a 200 inline six? If not, I can have one made up at my local machine shop. Thank you all in advance.

Carter YF from Amazon
Yes you could use that Carb on a non Emissions car that Bowl Vent Fitting would of went to the Fuel Vapor Canister. Looks like that Carter Copy is made for the Cable type throttle linkage so you may have some work there unless you go to a Cable. It might be possible that you could Grind the top bore of this Carb Adapter out to work with a Cater Carb its made to fit a large Log Head with a 1.75 carb hole. best of luck. https://www.vintageinlines.com/product-page/1v-carb-adaptor-small-1v-to-large-log

Back