All Small Six Carter YF on a 200 cid

This relates to all small sixes

TNieland

I have a C9DE-6090-M intake with a Carter YF carburetor. Can I use a Carter YF for a 250-300 cid or is it too big? Specifically a Kipa

KIPA Carburetor For Carter YF Type, Fits for Ford 240 250 300 YF C1YF 6 Cylinder CIL Engine 1975-1982 D5TZ9510AG​

"...intake with a..."
no, U have a head from '69. The intake is integral to head, 1 we call 'the log' intake.

I don't know what motor it sits on. U have not provided that info. Assistance is seen in the casting
below the R or Pass's side dwn tube of the exhaust (and other markers of the 4 'small block' ThriftPower motors). Looking at:
I believe shows the mounting flange of ur Chinese carb (plez never buy from amizone, jeff bezos sucks as much as the waltons/walmart). I do not know non-sae measurements & these are listed in mm. Knowing more abt ur engine can assist us in advising U. Like everywhere else the more U give the more U get. This might not fit ur intake flange.

UR right tho, this carb appears to have been made for the 2 "big block" falcon or Thriftpower motors (short lived 240 or 300/4.9 that carried on thru the efi development). I do not believe the 250 or 4.1 used the larger YF. Carter made these over several decades for several of the car companies (not just ford). My lill YF on the 170/2.8 was fantastic (30 yrs?) until the hi ETHO fuels came out. It evaporated in the carb causing hard start issues. No more single tap of the key but some pumps on the peddle were needed too. Eventually stabil needed added to the tank as well. Whole nother story, sorry~

"...intake with a..."
no, U have a head from '69. The intake is integral to head, 1 we call 'the log' intake.

I don't know what motor it sits on. U have not provided that info. Assistance is seen in the casting
below the R or Pass's side dwn tube of the exhaust (and other markers of the 4 'small block' ThriftPower motors). Looking at:
I believe shows the mounting flange of ur Chinese carb (plez never buy from amizone, jeff bezos sucks as much as the waltons/walmart). I do not know non-sae measurements & these are listed in mm. Knowing more abt ur engine can assist us in advising U. Like everywhere else the more U give the more U get. This might not fit ur intake flange.

UR right tho, this carb appears to have been made for the 2 "big block" falcon or Thriftpower motors (short lived 240 or 300/4.9 that carried on thru the efi development). I do not believe the 250 or 4.1 used the larger YF. Carter made these over several decades for several of the car companies (not just ford). My lill YF on the 170/2.8 was fantastic (30 yrs?) until the hi ETHO fuels came out. It evaporated in the carb causing hard start issues. No more single tap of the key but some pumps on the peddle were needed too. Eventually stabil needed added to the tank as well. Whole nother story, sorry~
Block is a D8BE 6015GC20220807_090053.jpg20220807_090057.jpg

head: C9 "M" (I believe isa '69 250)
block: D9 (I believe isa '79)

All fit together fine, the "M" is one known to fit 'the 2v direct mount' well/best (again, C tech archive above. Solid blue horrizontal line top'o'page). We use the 'late modle' (as the valves/CC is best - '78+, but even better "OE" date head [log volumne]) head. But I'm hangin onta my "M" head for a future 2v mount (1/4 dwn page - end):

Measure the bolt spacing by the yellow plastic rag (center to center). Then find what the chinese carb is. C if they match.
Some here have found a few chinese repro's to B fine (others, not). Not familiar w/the "KIPA" name. Most of us rebuild (Mike's carbs) any new-to-us carb, illregardless. Matt (classic inlines) caters to us also (all 6 ford i6 motors).

You need to be careful when you get the carb. The accelerator ball is mounted low for rods on early carbs 66 to some 70 carbs . 70 thur 78 carbs the ball was up high the in middle of back of carb for cable .

You need to be careful when you get the carb. The accelerator ball is mounted low for rods on early carbs 66 to some 70 carbs . 70 thur 78 carbs the ball was up high the in middle of back of carb for cable .
Thanks FC I bent the existing rod to make up the difference. Just waiting for my c4 to be Rebuilt so I can see if this engine is a runner

Back