Disc brakes binding

Danielson

Due to life being to busy I have had the local mechanic install a celica 5 speed that I got off ebay a few months back and convert my front end to a disc brake setup that I have had for years. After driving the car home it felt sort of slower in fourth than it usually does and I noticed the brakes squealing at low speed. The front wheels were hot so I suspect the calipers aren't releasing properly. Previously I had been running with power assisted 4 wheel drums although that wasn't standard. Is there anything in the master cylinder that could effect the calipers or does it just need time to bed in.
Cheers Dan

Danielson":vfputq80 said:
....converted my front end to a disc brake setup that I have had for years.
....The front wheels were hot so I suspect the calipers aren't releasing properly.
....Previously I had been running with power assisted 4 wheel drums
....Is there anything in the master cylinder that could effect the calipers or does it just need time to bed in.
Cheers Dan

Sounds like the master cylinder still has a drum brake residual pressure valve and this is causing the calipers to drag

Where is the valve located and is it simple to remove. The master cylinder was bought new about 18 months ago and I would have thought it was setup for a disc front end as I didn't think they made power assisted drums as a standard item.
Thanks Dan :oops:

Back