All Small Six Extra Vacuum Port

This relates to all small sixes

TrickSix

I see a lot of posts where there is a question about how to get an additional vacuum port, usually to run a non-lom distributor. If you’re not using the throttle linkage mount on the side of the spacer, it’s easy to convert that. I drilled a smaller hole out the back, angled away from the PCV port just because, and drilled and tapped for 1/8 NPT. Add a brass fitting to suit your line and there you go! One thing to watch out for - I looked at a few different spacers, and a couple had the bottom of the hole for the carb mounting stud over the new vacuum port breaking through into it a little bit. You might want to put a little sealer on the stud to prevent a vacuum leak. I don’t have strong feelings one way or the other about manifold or port vacuum for a non-lom distributor, I just did this because it was convenient. It runs fine. But when I get around to putting my new hex-log head on, I’ll probably just use the vacuum tap on the side of the non-SCV 1101 I’ll be using, because that will be convenient then.

8D06DD67-F9A9-4252-B49A-8CADA6B47987.jpeg

Back