harmonic balancer

mluck

bought a 200ci just to play around and see how thing are put together.... when i changed my harmonic balancer on my car its seem easy to remove...but on the stand its a bear...just to make sure...which way to loosen it up...it has a L on the bolt.......i have monday brain

Use a puller. DO NOT PRY on the outer ring which is mounted to the hub via a rubber bond.
When you reinstall the balance check to see if TDC in right on. If not replace the balancer.
When you reinstall it torque the fastener to 85lb's. Use red loctite on the bolt before final installation.

I think I'll need a HB w/3 grooves. (Not sure, haven't configured the accessories yet). I C a performance one here for a lill more than my budget (build). When assembled after machining their'd B no problems with a ford oem/aftermrkt one I assume.

* Is any 1980 Granada 200/250 gunna have one I could use for my '69 250? I no longer wrk at the parts house.

* I think one of them (Dorman, etc) would be less than $100 and work? None available frm Ford...

Thank you for your input -

Not at all, if you don't have access to air tools, use blue loctite.

Back