Ignition System with mild cam and Weber 2V swap

Hello All,
I hope some one can assist me with an ignition change out issue. My son has followed the build advice as laid out on Classic, and is now ready for the ignition conversion to better match the Weber and new cam. He is working with a 1968 200ci motor. I attempted to order the Duraspark package from Classic but sadly found out that they are no longer in business. Not having an in depth knowledge of ignition system, I am now at a loss as to what to get him. Online the options are endless, but getting the right combination the first time probably will not happen trough luck. I dropped by Dallas Mustang and they directed me to the Pertronix, but after reading about the need for changing the distributor to a different style, I am glad they did not have the product in stock.

Can some one give me a good list of mfg and part numbers for this application where I can walk into a local auto parts store and purchase what is needed. I assume that we will be replacing the Distributor, Coil, module and wires with a Duraspark II or just the distributor set up if we go with the DUI. Any help would be great. He started the build at 16 and has been slowly putting a worn out 68 mustang back together. Your feedback and direction on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks
R Hall

I found a used MSD on ebay, mated with a salvaged Duraspark and a new MSD coil. Did more to smooth out the idle than anything else I tried. Runs great but burns up plugs & wires every 10-15,000 miles.

"...burns up plugs & wires every 10-15,000 miles…."
what do you use?

Been using Motorcraft Plugs (don't remember the number but are are range or 2 colder than stock) and mid-range wires(not the cheapest, but not high performance either).

& coil?
(not that I got ideas - but put it all up here - and maybe some1 will. It just don't sound right compared to mine).

Back