Info needed

AzCoupe

1K+
Departed Member
What I need to know is the maximum height for an air cleaner assembly? I know this varies quite a bit based on adaptors, 1V or 2V, type of vehicle, engine size, and so on. I'm looking for an average, based on the different set-ups, so the more replies the better. Thanks in advance.

I'm working on a new raised fin air cleaner that matches our alloy valve cover and want to make sure they will fit the various applications. The 2V/4V is around 3.875" as is sits, but I can get it lower if needed by modifing the bases. For a 1V install, I can get it down to approximately 2.5" by using an adaptor I designed. Here's a pic of the proto type. I had three of them made so I can modify the bases and test fit them on various set ups.

ACcomboM.jpg

The 8x11 oval air cleaners will be offered in the same finish as our valve covers (raw, raw or black with polished fins, and fully polished), and will come with a polished base, reusable high flow air filter, and the Allen bolt.

I looked at this air cleaner at Mike's place the other day when I picked up a camshaft from him..... Very nice air cleaner.

8)

Back