MSD 6A with tach

PutPut6

I'm planning on installing an MSD 6A, but after reading through msd's instructions online, I'm still not sure on how you use a tach along with the msd box. I'm running a pertronix ignitor in the dist and an autogage tach. They say that I would need the tach adapter 8910. The wiring diagrams show how to wire this in, but then don't show where you connect the tach. I'm sure someone here has done this install before. Just wanna make sure I got everything planned out before I start buying stuff. Thanks in advance for the help.

Not a problem! The wire that used to go to the coil now goes into the box itself. Position the box with the MSD name facing you and it will be on the right side wall. The instructions say this kinda tach wont work, that kinda tach wont work yatta yatta yatta, but I hooked my sunpro right into it and it works perfect.
Matt

I hooked up a tach with the tach adapter and after about 5 months the adapter s**T the bed on me. So I just bought a compatible tach and it works fine. My old MSD tach adapter used to heat up quite a bit which surprised me...may be why it failed. I have since removed the red adapter box.
r/
Steve-O

595783_28_full.jpg

Back