All Small Six My 250 journey is over... :(

This relates to all small sixes

schaferstephen

Well, first, long time no talky on here - hope all you fellers are doing great. I'm the user FORMERLY known as "schaferstephen" but that account was tied to an unrecoverable email, so, here I am - schaferstephen1. You all gave me TONS of help years ago building up a 250 with one of Mike's heads, and unfortunately.... well, keep on reading.

It's been an emotional few months - I got my car up and running, it was the best feeling EVER. The 250 was peppy, the T5 was awesome, it was a wonderful 2 days. Then I blew the head gasket, overheated, yada yada yada... Pulled the head, had it checked for warpage (was 0.004 out) so had that machined, put it back together.... well looks like something inside the block must be cracked - nothing externally visible, but it's burning all the coolant and turning oil into a milkshake so, all I can guess is I've blown out something in the block. Be it a coolant channel or cylinder wall, I don't know, and I'll be honest, I'm out of patience with the 6. I just want to drive my car, and so I'm gonna get a modest 302, put it in front of my T5, and hopefully just finally enjoy my car that I've been missing for years.

Which brings me to this - I have a lotta good stuff that I want to sell. My car is located in Lafayette, Louisiana, and my friend is currently pulling the engine out of it. I'm keeping the T5 tranny, but the engine, it gots to go. Components listed here:

Classic Inlines Alum head & intake w/ port & polish work done to it (and 0.004 shaved off)
Yella Terra 1.65 full roller rockers
Clay Smith 274/274/108 hyd cam
DUI distributor & Live Wire's
Forged con rods out of a 300
Custom forged RaceTek pistons (essentially giving a 0 deck w/ the forged 300 rods)

So. This is what I have, on a pallet in Lafayette, Louisiana. I know what all this cost new, I'm not sure what it's worth used (used as in, I drove it for 3 days LOL), and I'm not trying to gouge any of you guys bc I love this community and I'm so grateful to all of you guys for all your help & support over the years. All I want is a fair price so I can offset the cost of my 302 and my wife doesn't totally kill me. This isn't how I wanted my journey to end with the 6, but I think it could be the start of another badass journey for someone in a different situation. Hit me up with your offers; if nobody wants the whole kit & caboodle, I'll disassemble the engine and I'll list the components here/Ebay auction until they're gone.

And since I live in Puerto Rico now (I was getting ready to ship the car there), I'll throw in a bottle of nice Caribbean rum to whoever ends up with this hot mess (or a cigar if you don't drink). Cheers folks.

I would be interested in the Classic Inlines Alum head & intake. I've been wanting to build another hotrod SB6. I had almost given up hope. I can PM you to discuss, if that would be preferable to you.

I tried to PM you. but the forum wouldn't let me. How much are you asking? Is it local pickup, or would you ship it? I would gladly pay for shipping. I am in Oklahoma City, OK 73170. You could email me at maverickaddict@gmail.com

Thank you for your time & consideration,

Ralph

Last edited:
You can't PM him because he doesn't have enough posts.

I'd be interested in the Yella Terra rockers and possibly the forged pistons. What diameter are the pistons?
I calculated the CH of the pistons to be around 1.30", is that close?

You can't PM him because he doesn't have enough posts.

I'd be interested in the Yella Terra rockers and possibly the forged pistons. What diameter are the pistons?
I calculated the CH of the pistons to be around 1.30", is that close?
Ugh yeah I had my old account tied to my college email (shows how long I've been inactive) and so I had to make a new one.

Piston diameter is 3.720". I have the spec sheet from RaceTec I can send you if you shoot me an email address, but it shows:

Bore Diameter: 3.720"
Comp Distance: 1.300"

Top ring: 0.048
2nd ring: 0.0600
Oil ring: 0.1190

Ugh yeah I had my old account tied to my college email (shows how long I've been inactive) and so I had to make a new one.

Piston diameter is 3.720". I have the spec sheet from RaceTec I can send you if you shoot me an email address, but it shows:

Bore Diameter: 3.720"
Comp Distance: 1.300"

Top ring: 0.048
2nd ring: 0.0600
Oil ring: 0.1190
My email address is wv_geo@hotmail.com

Back