MY TBI INSTALL

BIG NEWS!

I'm going to sell the mustang... my wife and I are talking back and forth of what we really want and we've been pushing the idea around alot of selling the mustang and doing a frame off on the bronco...

More to follow in a linked post... Link

well, it's been a while, and the car is up for sale, the head came back and I just got it back in the car. all torqued down and happy.

I put my old 1.5 rockers back on, seems to help. needs to be tuned more, possibly smaller injectors, and smaller opening on the adaptor from gm TBI to holly adaptor to move the CFM lower.

Just thought I'd update...

I'm going back to carb system. sure the TBI setup WOULD be great if I put more time into tuning it. I have no doubt about that. I'm just not going to as I'm try'n to sell the car. it's not selling so I'm gonna yank the computer and harness and go back to my carb setup. should run better anyways now that I got the head fixed. the down side is I'll have to convert my DUI 7-pin back to 4pin. shouldn't be too much of a trouble but still something that needs to be done. as the car is up for sale, I'm selling the TBI setup separately. I have ran it, it works, just needs to be tuned... I'll include EVERYTHING it came with. I won't need any of it so I'll be good. I'll even mark the wires too for easy follow install. everything is at length as I have it and I'll include brakets that I used to hold/manage the wires in the engine bay. never got around to mounting the computer.

EDIT:
called performance distributors today, checked price on converting back to stock DUI. labor 49 and shipping 17 as I have all the stock parts. I'll see what it requires first and see if I can do it.

I have the 2bbl holley 350cfm carb, I'll clean it up for re-instalation

Quick Question.. If you are building a 250 for Buck, why not keep the DUI and install an cheap(erish) Duraspark II on the motor you are selling? ... and now I skip off to see how much you are asking for the TBI.
-ron
(PS, nice score on the "parts" Bronco, and you suck. Those Bronco's don't exist up here, and I get jealous easily)

yes, building 250 for buck,

DUI for buck IDK... I was thinking DSII for buck, keeping if ford easy...

Buck is getting atomic EFI, it has the option to learn timing or take timing, by it's wire diagram. very simple to swap back and forth. but it ONLY works with a DSII to swap it between controled timing and non-controled.

Now, if someone wanted a TBI setup with a DUI thats all READY to go!!! I'd consider dropping in a DS1 and tuning it to be good and dependable with the carb. BUT it's cheaper for me to convert the DUI back to 4pin and sell the mustang as running and the TBI kit seperately.

price, IDK give me an offer to the kit? with DUI or without?

the TBI setup has been sold...

the mustang has a dsII and holley 350cfm carb now... gotta get the dsII rebuilt....

Thanks all for the info, I know the new owner of the system might have a few questions, think he'll might get on here.

So wasss up widda next project...

New Project -- Buck
1966/1975 Bronco
250ci + C4 + Atomic EFI + 35inch tires + Cut + Spray can paint job + AC + D44 w/ disk + 2" BL, 5" SL + J-case = FUN

Would the sold system, TBI, etc not wrk on it? I C U wanna 'go that way' with the Atomic kit. Y's 1 better'n the other?

Thanks, Rich.
BTW: need to go to 4.56/4.88 gear w/that drive line/tire combo?

Back